"Hydra-Island in the Saronic Gulf of the Aegian Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Hydra Island by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Hydra Island Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 597 photos

Hydra Island is one of the most un-spoiled and interesting of the Greek islands, is a small rocky island in the Argo Saronic Gulf, south east out of the Athens port of Piraeus and within sight of the southern Peloponnese mainland.

You may watch my 42-pics high resolution SLIDE-Show Hydra Island from my WebShot page.

You may watch my 4 min 24 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Hydra Island from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Kenuria Agapi" song.
If you don't want to waste time on watching video I recommend you listen to the music from the clip while watching and reading my tips or slide-show.

You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
1) Vravrona,

• Last visit to Hydra Island: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Wonderful page, tips and photos of Hydra. I watched the youtube video, too.Thanks. It looks like my kind of island.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2009 at 11:35 AM

You've managed to visit a lot of nice Greek places, Sergey! Thanx for your description...

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM

This island sounds even lovelier for a relaxing trip, no cars, only the typical Greek sounds :-)) And lovely houses and windmill :-)) Interesting history, it must have been moving to feel the Russian spirit :-) Oh, this video worked for me, by the way :-)

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2008 at 3:40 AM

Only donkeys for transport around the island! Not to mention the cats, or the springs after which the island is named and which now have dried up. You've gathered some fascinating material in this page, Sergey.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Very nice page again! Unfortunately I haven't been to Hydra yet. That cat photo is amazing!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 11:25 AM

I'm still smiling at your comment about not being able to send the cats their picture! Lovely stone windmills. Great architecture. Church and monastery are beautiful. Too bad about the water shortage & ironic considering the name of Hydra.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 6:34 AM

I visited Hydra back in 1982, but unfortunately, it was such a long time ago that I don't remember much about the island. Thanks for bringing back some nice memories. BTW, I just got back from Honduras.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2008 at 12:42 AM

Hellas and Ydra - nice piece of greek culture on yr page. Brilliant pictures and info

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Beautiful photos in your travelogues and tips. Too bad Hydra's ancient springs are now dry. Good that the island now has zoning regulations to preserve the traditional and authentic color and character of the town.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Brilliant photos of this amzing greek island. I especially like your photos of the donkeys and the cats. Well done.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Hydra Island

Have you been to Hydra Island?

Videos in Hydra Island