"Ancient Mycenae" Top 5 Page for this destination Mycenae by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Mycenae Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 317 photos

As one of the foundational sites of European civilization, Mycenae is a popular tourist destination less than two hours' drive from Athens.
The site has been well-preserved, and the massive ruins of the cyclopean walls and the palaces on the acropolis still arouse the admiration of visitors, particularly when it is remembered that they were built a thousand years before the monuments of Classical Greece.

You may watch my 24 photos in high resolution on my SLIDE-Show Mycenae out of my WebShot page

You may watch my 5 min 31 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Mycenae out of my YouTube channel and listen to the popular Greek music or Greece Mycenae out of VT-Tube.

You may also watch my 1 min 05 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Mycenae Restaurant Kolizeras out of my YouTube channel and listen to the Demis Roussos music or Greece Mycenae Kolizeras Restaurant out of VT-Tube.

You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
1) Vravrona,

• Last visit to Mycenae: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I rode a bus to Mycenae 3 years ago and because of traveller's dementia, I have forgotten about the places I visited until I saw your tips here! I now remember the Treasury of Attrius and the plain of Argos! Thank you, thank you for making me remember!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM

hi good page - visited on a lovely day in May for the first time and Im just starting my pages!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Ahh, memories from 25 years ago come back :-) Thank you Sergey :-)) The museum wasn't installed by then, so maybe I should come back one day. Oh my, the oranges look so delicious... I migh have sat in the garden and eat them:-)

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2008 at 12:42 AM

I love the myth and the historical report. Greetz

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 7:29 AM

The Argos Plain looks really lovely = great historic tips here creating a lot of interest

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 12:33 AM

A cyclopean page ! The new museum looks great !

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2008 at 9:16 AM

Mycenae sounds to be an interesting place to visit and one day I hope to be able to walk through the Lion Gate.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 2:58 AM

Fine photos on your tips and travelogues as always! This page brings back memories of my own visit to Mycenae many years ago. Also I am very well acquainted with Agamemnon, Clytemnestra, Iphigenia, Aegistheus and Orestes as characters in operas!

• Irinna's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Great photos, Sergei! And background as well! But how have you managed to take a photo of Lion gates where there aren't any people???? Irina

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Fantastic page!! This town fascinated me since I read the book of the discovery of Schliemann! I must go one day!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Mycenae

Have you been to Mycenae?

Latest Activity in Mycenae