"Piraeus - Cruise over the Saronic Gulf" Top 5 Page for this destination Piraeus by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Piraeus Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 364 photos
Actually, Piraeus is the western part of the Athens coastal zone.
The Saronic Gulf and its islands of Salamis (5 minutes) and Aegina (1hr) with Hydra, Poros and Spetses (5hrs) close behind are visible from the heights of the Acropolis.
Salamis, the very closest island to Athens is historically important because in ancient times, the Athenian navy, under Themistokles, defeated the Persian, under Xerxes, in the worlds first recorded naval encounter.
You may watch my 37-pics high resolution SLIDE-Show Piraeus and Saronic Gulf from my WebShot page.
One day cruise over Saronic Gulf and its three Islands: Poros, Hydra and Aegina is the best way to learn this area in short time. You may watch my
1 min 10 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Piraeus port Cruise departure from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Opa-Opa" song.
4 min 06 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Piraeus-Poros Island cruise from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Greek Megamix" song.
If you don't want to waste time on watching video I recommend you only listen to the music while watching and reading my tips and slide-show.
You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
3) Poros Island,
4) Hydra Island,
5) Aegina Island,
16) Meteora & Kalambaka,
This trap I’ve constructed by myself. When our ship arrived to Piraeus port after completing the cruise over Saronic... more travel advice
The peninsula is entirely of volcanic origin and contains over 30 volcanic eruption centers. The peninsula is the... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Piraeus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Piraeus - Cruise over the Saronic Gulf"
- "Piraeus Port and City"
- "Port city"
- "Piraeus the greek port"
- "The place where your islands adventure start"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piraeus
- Hotels in Piraeus
- Transportation in Piraeus
- Restaurants in Piraeus
- Shopping in Piraeus
- Warnings and Dangers in Piraeus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piraeus
- 11 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Piraeus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piraeus
Photos in PiraeusSee All Photos (64)
Videos in PiraeusSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 41 reviews, 333 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue