"Piraeus - Cruise over the Saronic Gulf" Top 5 Page for this destination Piraeus by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Piraeus Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 376 photos

Actually, Piraeus is the western part of the Athens coastal zone.
The Saronic Gulf and its islands of Salamis (5 minutes) and Aegina (1hr) with Hydra, Poros and Spetses (5hrs) close behind are visible from the heights of the Acropolis.
Salamis, the very closest island to Athens is historically important because in ancient times, the Athenian navy, under Themistokles, defeated the Persian, under Xerxes, in the worlds first recorded naval encounter.

You may watch my 37-pics high resolution SLIDE-Show Piraeus and Saronic Gulf from my WebShot page.

One day cruise over Saronic Gulf and its three Islands: Poros, Hydra and Aegina is the best way to learn this area in short time. You may watch my
1 min 10 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Piraeus port Cruise departure from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Opa-Opa" song.

4 min 06 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Piraeus-Poros Island cruise from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Greek Megamix" song.

If you don't want to waste time on watching video I recommend you only listen to the music while watching and reading my tips and slide-show.

You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
1) Vravrona,

• Last visit to Piraeus: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM

thanks Sergey for visiting my Israel page..now ive ended up in Greece! like your tip for day cruise to see the 3 islands. i caught a ferry from Piraeus down to lovely Mykonos for the day, but onto Santorini and then onto Crete.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Hi, Sergey! Thanks for your nice page about that destination....

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Ah finally I can continue and follow your trip to Greece :-)) As usual, I really like your videos and the music is very much inspiring :-)) Oh well, the ancient legends of ships - I don't know if it could have sailed.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Accurately documented tips as ever, Sergey! I wonder what is the relationship between the chemical named methane and the city! Haha, still feeling that history is a fake! I do not forget that I have to write you on the subject!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Just excellent! You are really hard on yourself about the taxi incident. How could you know? It makes for an exciting adventure and read. Beautiful photos in tips and travelogues. Great information too.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 3:07 PM

Sergey, fabulous page about Piraeus. Your taxi story is very entertaining. Poor you. :-)

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 3:40 AM

Most interesting page. Greece and Athens are high on my list. Looking forward to reading the rest of your Greece pages, particularly Athina!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2008 at 4:43 AM

You are a model tourist for any tour guide! Not blaming the tour guide for everything, from the rain to having to take a taxi! - I've been hoping for some more pages about Greece from you and I haven't been disappointed. Another great page!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2008 at 12:46 PM

I would love the rugged beauty around here :) I can just picture you alone in the rain :)) glad you didn't miss the boat but just the bus!!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2008 at 11:48 AM

I got a chuckle out of your missing bus story because it is something my Hansi would do as he often goes off on his own filming and not watching where everyone else is. Wonderful pics and travelogues Sergey.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Piraeus

Have you been to Piraeus?

Latest Activity in Piraeus