"One of the smaller Greek Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Poros Island by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Poros Island Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 166 photos
The headline news on March, 13: The Greek cruise ship Giorgis has suffered a ship-wreck at the Poros Island with 280 passengers (among them 56 Russians). It was my ship in November of 2007... Fortunately everyone have been saved! My photo of Giorgis and my VIDEO-Clip Greece Pireas-Poros Island cruise were shown as a headline on one of the main Russian NTV channels - I was surprised to watch them and very pleased that millions of Russians saw this my clip that evening Giorgis ship-wreck on Russian NTV news with my photo and video! You may also watch my travelogue about this event.
Poros is one of the most popular and unspoiled of the smaller Greek Islands. This naturally beautiful island is one of the most southerly in the chain of the volcanic Argo - Saronic Islands.
It lies in the south-west of the Saronic Gulf, opposite the Argolida in the Peloponnese. The picturesque and animated harbour and Poros Town are situated on Sferia Island. The approach to Poros by ferry is especially picturesque.
During the day, it is easy to relax among the numerous, friendly restaurants and bars and in the evenings you can enjoy the varied and colourful nightlife.
I've visited Poros with a very short stay while cruising the Saronic Gulf in November of 2007. I've tried to express my impressions on this page.
You may watch my 25-pic high resolution SLIDE-Show Poros Island from my WebShot page.
You may watch my 1 min 24 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Poros Island Cruise from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Dinata Dinata" song.
or 4 min 06 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Pireas-Poros Island cruise from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Greek Megamix" song.
If you don't want to waste time on watching video I recommend you listen to the music from the clip while watching and reading my tips or slide-show.
You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
3) Poros Island,
4) Hydra Island,
5) Aegina Island,
16) Meteora & Kalambaka,
Our cruise included a lunch onboard. It was very enjoyable because it was delicious and accompanied with the live... more travel advice
When the cruise ships arrive and the port fills with tourists from all over the world, for a few hours Poros town... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Poros Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Island of Poseidon"
- "One of the smaller Greek Islands"
- "Poros, a weekend excursion"
- "POROS, UNDER CONSTUCTION"
- "Poros in March"
- "Poros, Greece"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poros Island
- Hotels in Poros Island
- Transportation in Poros Island
- Nightlife in Poros Island
- Restaurants in Poros Island
- Shopping in Poros Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poros Island
- 11 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (215)
Have you been to Poros Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poros Island
- updated a Poros Island Travel Page "One of the smaller Greek Islands"
- Uploaded a Video to Poros Island
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of the smaller Greek Islands"
- Commented on one of Lilasel's Poros Island travel pages
- Wrote a Review Lunch accompanied with Greek music in Poros Island Restaurants
Photos in Poros IslandSee All Photos (55)
Videos in Poros IslandSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues