"One of the smaller Greek Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Poros Island by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Poros Island Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 185 photos

The headline news on March, 13: The Greek cruise ship Giorgis has suffered a ship-wreck at the Poros Island with 280 passengers (among them 56 Russians). It was my ship in November of 2007... Fortunately everyone have been saved! My photo of Giorgis and my VIDEO-Clip Greece Pireas-Poros Island cruise were shown as a headline on one of the main Russian NTV channels - I was surprised to watch them and very pleased that millions of Russians saw this my clip that evening Giorgis ship-wreck on Russian NTV news with my photo and video! You may also watch my travelogue about this event.

Poros is one of the most popular and unspoiled of the smaller Greek Islands. This naturally beautiful island is one of the most southerly in the chain of the volcanic Argo - Saronic Islands.

It lies in the south-west of the Saronic Gulf, opposite the Argolida in the Peloponnese. The picturesque and animated harbour and Poros Town are situated on Sferia Island. The approach to Poros by ferry is especially picturesque.

During the day, it is easy to relax among the numerous, friendly restaurants and bars and in the evenings you can enjoy the varied and colourful nightlife.

I've visited Poros with a very short stay while cruising the Saronic Gulf in November of 2007. I've tried to express my impressions on this page.

You may watch my 25-pic high resolution SLIDE-Show Poros Island from my WebShot page.

You may watch my 1 min 24 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Poros Island Cruise from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Dinata Dinata" song.

or 4 min 06 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Pireas-Poros Island cruise from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Greek Megamix" song.

If you don't want to waste time on watching video I recommend you listen to the music from the clip while watching and reading my tips or slide-show.

You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
1) Vravrona,

• Last visit to Poros Island: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2008 at 11:45 PM

What a beautiful island :-)) I could go there immediately and spend some time out :-)) The videos are wonderful, although youtube seems to have much traffic now and I need to come back later to watch your transport one.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Each Greek island has its own character and no one is like the other. In Poros, the rhythm of a flocks of tourists flooding the island for a few hours and leaving must build a special atmosphere!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2008 at 11:48 AM

such a nice looking island - and probably superb after the dayboats leave. What a pity to have only an hour for such a beautiful place. N.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Another excellent page with outstanding, alluring photographs, wonderful, informative introduction, and important travel suggestions. A pleasure as always to enjoy your work.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Another very interesting page with brilliant photos of your time on Poros Island. You seem to be very active on Google Earth as well.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I stayed in Poros for a week in 1999. It is a lovely island! Thank you for bringing back some great memories!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Great pics and descriptions!!! Thanks for sharing

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 2:13 AM

Fantastic photos and your tips are well written...lots of details and info...enjoyed my little trip on Poros...cheers

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2008 at 1:27 AM

Fine photos in your travelogues and tips -- and in Panoramio.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 10:23 AM

a lot of interesting infos and great pics bringing back great memories ! I had no idea thatb Russia had a naval base there !

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Poros Island

Have you been to Poros Island?

Latest Activity in Poros Island