"My Greek prologue and epilogue" Vraona by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Vraona Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 89 photos

The modern Brauron, known as Vravronas, is a tiny settlement of Markopoulo located nearly 1 km southeast of the archaeological site. The distance from the city of Athens is 35 km , from Airport 11 km. It contains dozens of homes; the population in 1991 was 90. After Mare Nostrum Hotel Thalasso was built at the beach of the wonderful bay the population increased I think. The urban area lies about 200 m northward and is linked with a road between Markopoulo and Artemis (Loutsa).

You may watch my 26-pics high resolution SLIDE-Show Moscow-Athens Flight from my WebShot page.

My another 36-pics high-resolution SLIDE-Show Greece Vravrona from my WebShot page.

You may watch my
4 min 01 sec VIDEO-Clip Moscow-Athens Flight from my YouTube channel with the popular "Conquest of Paradise" music by Vangelis.

2 min 27 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Airport Athens - Vravrona trip from my YouTube channel with Chet Atkins "Sirtaki" music.

3 min 21 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Vravrona Hotel Mare Nostrum (Part I) from my YouTube channel with the popular Antique "Dynata Dynata" song.

2 min 04 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Vravrona Hotel Mare Nostrum (Part II) with the classic "Sirtaki" music by Mikis Theodorakis out of the famous "Greek Zobra" (1960th).

3 min 55 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Vravrona Dawn and by night with Mihalis Xatzigiannis music.

2 min 22 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Vravrona Walking around area with the popular Antique "Kenuria Agapi" song.

3 min 48 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Vravrona-Brauron Sanctuary of Artemis with sirtaki music.

3 min 15 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Vravrona-Airport Athens by Mouzenidis Travel.

If you don't want to waste time on video you may only listen to the music while watching and reading my tips.

You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
1) Vravrona,
18) Athens.

• Last visit to Vraona: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

• Nov 9, 2009 at 4:53 AM

Great job! Hope that you enjoy Greece! See you back one day!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Excellent transportation tips and that spa looks fantastic. Thanks for the lovely tour!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2009 at 4:38 AM

So many splendid places in Greece! ><><

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Excellent tips and photos! The Mare Nostrum Hotel Thalasso Health centre looks especially nice. Best from New Jersey, Bill

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Superior tips here with great photos.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Sergey, Vraona looks like a great little place to in which to relax and take in the local historic sites! That little Island Church is very cute. I could stand some warm sunshine in Greece right now!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2008 at 4:48 AM

This looks a great stay, Sergey - not to mention a top hotel! Pity the archaeological museum was closed, but I guess you wouldn't have had the peace and solitude at the Sanctuary of Artemis during the tourist season.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Oh fantastic :-)) Haha, Sergey, with your perfect music to the cideos I almost forget to read your texts :-) Vangelis for the flight.... oh my, I am gone now, off to space :-)) Thanks :-))

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Lovely page and travelogues and wonderful pic of the little white chapel. Looks like you stayed in a very nice hotel Sergey.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2008 at 2:45 AM

Sergey, it looks like your hotel was a real bargain. Brilliant photos here; I especially like the little Island chapel. Have a lovely Sunday. :-)

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Vraona