"Mexican state Chiapas" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Chiapas by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Estado de Chiapas Travel Guide: 639 reviews and 2,315 photos

Chiapas is one of the 31 states that, with the Federal District, comprise the 32 Federal Entities of Mexico and one of nine states I was fortunate to see. Located in Southwestern Mexico, it is the southernmost State of Mexico. It is bordered by the states of Tabasco to the north, Veracruz to the northwest and Oaxaca to the west. To the east Chiapas borders Guatemala, and to the south the Pacific Ocean.
Chiapas is still considered isolated and distant from the rest of Mexico, both culturally and geographically.

I spent there 4 days when crossing Chiapas from Oaxaca to Campeche via Tabasco and touring Mexico in January-February of 2011. It was something special that I've never seen before... This mountain area with selva and local Indians impressed me very much.

You can watch my
2 min 59 sec about Video Zinacantan-Palenque by bus part 1 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
1 min 58 sec about Video Zinacantan-Palenque by bus part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
1 min 45 sec about Video Chiapas Lunch in the way out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Mexican states I've visited in the trip:
1) Distrito Federal
9) Estado de Quintana Roo

• Last visit to Estado de Chiapas: Jan 2011
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2013

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Estado de Chiapas

Have you been to Estado de Chiapas?

Latest Activity in Estado de Chiapas