"Moscow-Zaragoza" Top 5 Page for this destination Zaragoza by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Zaragoza Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 363 photos

Zaragoza is located on a low hill at the river Ebro. The historical city centre is on right southern coast of the river. There is one of the most esteemed temples of Spain in Zaragoza. It is devoted to Maiden Maria Pilar, the sacred patroness of the country.

It is considered, that Romans founded colony Cesar August on a place of Celtic settlement Sadduba in the I-st century B.C. Moors grasped Zaragoza in 710 and it became the capital of the small frontier Arabian state.
In olden time the city was surrounded by walls from a white marble and it was named "a white city". Red and pink colors of the brick widely used in moorish architecture here dominate here now.

• Last visit to Zaragoza: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2006

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Hi Sergey, a very nice page about Zaragoza! My cousin has travelled there twice and liked it very much, but she did not take any pictures, so it was good to see your photos and read about the town. I did not know about the Goya connection so far!

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I am trying to add Zaragoza to my very tight itinerary, it looks really gorgeous. Great pictures!

• Aug 17, 2009 at 5:00 AM

I love architecture so i like a lot the design of Basilica de Nuestra Senora del Pilar! Nice tips als always!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2008 at 4:17 AM

Very enjoyable page on Zaragoza especially the wonderful Basilica. Hans and I really must explore other areas of Spain besides Andalucia.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Impressive pics and info on the Basilica - greetz

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Fantastic page!!! The Cathedral is wonderful!!!

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Did you know Zaragoza is a twin city of Pau, Serguei? The cathedral is impressive and I think the priest are very happy to change the clothes of the maiden every day! (-: Thanks for visiting West with me.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Very interesting tips on city I liked a lot. I didn't known about Museo del Foro de Caesare-augusta.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2007 at 7:27 AM

Thanks for showing me yet another city unknown to me!

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2006 at 1:02 AM

i am sure to go to Spain one day. And Zaragosa will be on my list, i am a kind of fan of Francisco Goya :-)

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Zaragoza

Have you been to Zaragoza?

Latest Activity in Zaragoza