"Moscow-Malmo" Malmö by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Malmö Travel Guide: 479 reviews and 1,037 photos
Malmo was founded in the XII century as a fishing port. The city was the center of Skane for a long time and was under authority of Denmark. Malmo was the second city in Denmark after Copenhagen.
I planned an evening excursion around Malmo. We wished to get acquainted with the market square (Stortorget) and the Town Hall which was built in style of the Danish Renaissance, with the Gothic Cathedral St Petri Kyrka, the fortress Malmohus.
We overcame 640 kilometers from Stockholm up to Malmo during 7 hours with an hour stop for a dinner. Nearby 15.00 we were already in a suburb of Malmo where our hotel Scandic Malmo Segevang situated.
However our plans were broken by two circumstances. First we searched for a hotel very long. I had detailed listings maps from Internet. But despite of it we found a road to a hotel almost an hour.
We made full circles twice on autobahns, but didn't find a necessary turn to a hotel. I stopped twice to ask local residents where there was a hotel - without results! Only from the third time we were explained a scheme and we approached a hotel at last.
The second circumstance which has broken our excursion - a tiresome fine rain which proceeded all the evening long. Therefore we stayed in hotel in the evening, having left an excursion around the city till next year.
Nevertheless we saw the main sight of Malmo-area next day. It was the well-known bridge through the Öresund passage.
When I was a schoolboy and studied geography of foreign countries, I have remembered very well the names of two greatest... more travel advice
One of the principal causes which have induced us to go to Germany through Scandinavia, was our desire to see the... more travel advice
Written Oct 30, 2006
Written Oct 30, 2006
Malmo area - Our dogs and us
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Malmö Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Continental Malmö - city of parks, art, nightlife"
- "Beautiful City of Parks and Museums"
- "City of parks"
- "Malmo - Swedish gem by the Oresund Bridge"
- "Malmö New Year"
- "Where the future faces the past"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malmö
- Hotels in Malmö
- Transportation in Malmö
- Nightlife in Malmö
- Restaurants in Malmö
- Shopping in Malmö
- Warnings and Dangers in Malmö
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malmö
- 4 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Malmö?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malmö
Photos in MalmöSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 41 reviews, 333 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue