"Moscow-Malmo" Malmö by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Malmö Travel Guide: 479 reviews and 1,037 photos

Malmo was founded in the XII century as a fishing port. The city was the center of Skane for a long time and was under authority of Denmark. Malmo was the second city in Denmark after Copenhagen.

I planned an evening excursion around Malmo. We wished to get acquainted with the market square (Stortorget) and the Town Hall which was built in style of the Danish Renaissance, with the Gothic Cathedral St Petri Kyrka, the fortress Malmohus.

We overcame 640 kilometers from Stockholm up to Malmo during 7 hours with an hour stop for a dinner. Nearby 15.00 we were already in a suburb of Malmo where our hotel Scandic Malmo Segevang situated.

However our plans were broken by two circumstances. First we searched for a hotel very long. I had detailed listings maps from Internet. But despite of it we found a road to a hotel almost an hour.

We made full circles twice on autobahns, but didn't find a necessary turn to a hotel. I stopped twice to ask local residents where there was a hotel - without results! Only from the third time we were explained a scheme and we approached a hotel at last.

The second circumstance which has broken our excursion - a tiresome fine rain which proceeded all the evening long. Therefore we stayed in hotel in the evening, having left an excursion around the city till next year.
Nevertheless we saw the main sight of Malmo-area next day. It was the well-known bridge through the Öresund passage.

• Last visit to Malmö: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2006

• Redang's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Another city I plan to visit in Sweden

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2010 at 9:17 AM

The bridge is huge and amazing! What a wonderful page! I so enjoyed it!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2008 at 12:21 AM

When I was in Malmö, the bridge was not there! That must make a big difference!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Great little page. I'd like to see the bridge and Vättern lake.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Amazing bridge!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 5:33 AM

Sergey, fabulous little page about Malmo...I was also quite impressed by the Oresund bridge...I crossed it twice by train on the lower deck ....how exciting ... :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2006 at 9:58 AM

Too bad about the rain and about the trouble finding the hotel--Happened to us in L'Aquila, Italy. I assume the dogs get to stay in the hotel with you? Bridge is fantastic.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 9:57 PM

Oeresund-bridge is quite an adventure by itslef !

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2006 at 3:56 PM

I visited Malmo for just one evening back in 1982. At that time there was no bridge, so we had to take a ferry from Copenhagen.

• Beograd's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 11:57 PM

Nice as always :) Is that a "Lada" you are driving? It looks like it.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Malmö