"Moscow-Stockholm" Stockholm by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Stockholm Travel Guide: 4,078 reviews and 9,427 photos
We visited Stockholm on our northern way from Russia to Germany. It has turned out a little bit more long way on a distance. But the opportunity to get acquainted with three northern capitals - Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen - has weighed down and we have chosen this very way.
We have not regretted about the choice. All three capitals are worthy more careful studying. We had only several hours for excursion in Helsinki and Copenhagen and the whole excursion day in Stockholm. It was possible to get acquainted with its sights very superficially. However now we know what for it is necessary to return there once again.
Stockholm is located on 14 large islands laying between Saksjon - a gulf of the Baltic sea and the Malaren lake. All the main sights of the city are concentrated on coasts of these islands.
The old central part of the city has a name of Gamla Stan and occupies three large islands. Stadholmen island possesses the Royal palace and ancient inhabited quarters. Riddarholmen island can be proud of the church of Riddarholmskyrkan where the Swedish monarches were buried almost all. The parliament of Sweden and government are located on Helgeandsholmen island.
The central islands incorporate with bridges to the northern part of the city - Norrmalm. There is business area. In 15 minutes of walking from the center, there is a main railway complex T-Centralen. Main shops of the city also are located in Norrmalm.
The big island - Kungsholmen is located to the West from Norrmalm. On itswestern part there is a well known Town hall. "An East area" - Estermalm, expensive and quiet area of bourgeoisie lays to the east of Norrmalm.
The unique bridge connects Strandvagen quay with Djurgarden - a museum island. There are a well-known museum on open-air Skansen, a museum of the sunk ship "Vasa", a Northern museum, a park of "Unibaken" with heroes of Astrid Lindgren. On the contrary of Djurgarden there is one more museum island - Skeppsholmen where a set of museums are open, including museums of architecture and the modern art.
The southern part of the city - Sodermalm. This place of bohemia and student's concourses is named "a reserve" of vanguard bars, clubs, restaurants.
A rainbow met us in Stockholm. It should bring us happiness.
You can watch my
2 min 58 sec Video Arriving to Stockholm by ferry out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
3 min 28 sec Video Along Stockholm by car part 1 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
3 min 37 sec Video Scandic Infra City Hotel at Stockholm out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
2 min 10 sec Video On the way to Stockholm by car out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
2 min 19 sec Video Stockholm part 1 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
3 min 34 sec Video Stockholm part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
2 min 07 sec Video Stockholm part 3 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
1 min 40 sec Video On the way to Scandic Infra City Hotel out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
1 min 09 sec Video Aurum Aglis Vinika and Pilar in Stockholm out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
A walk around narrow old streets of Gamla Stan is pleasant at any time. However streets are overflown by people in the... more travel advice
Our hotel was on a half-way from Stockholm to airport Arlanda. These were 12 kilometers on motorway E4. When we went on... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Stockholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Stockholm"
- "My own water baby"
- "Stockholm in 5 days"
- "STOCKHOLM - THE CITY OF BRIDGES!"
- "Stockholm - beauty on water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Transportation in Stockholm
- Nightlife in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping in Stockholm
- Warnings and Dangers in Stockholm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockholm
- 28 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (215)
Have you been to Stockholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockholm
- updated a Stockholm Travel Page "Moscow-Stockholm"
- Uploaded a Video to Stockholm
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Commented on one of budapest8's Stockholm travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Motorway E4"
- Wrote a Review Gamla Stan about Gamla Stan (The Old Town) in Stockholm Off The Beaten Path
Photos in StockholmSee All Photos (107)
Videos in StockholmSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues