"Moscow-Uppsala" Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Uppsala Travel Guide: 341 reviews and 926 photos
When I was a child, one of the first books which I read myself was a book about Scandinavian gods and their main God - Odin. Children's impressions are one of the strongest. Whether I could then to assume, that I should ever get in the main city of Sway tribe which was established by Odin - Uppsala!
Under the legend, there was a vision to Great Odin, that he becomes the father of the northern people and the governor of the fine country. He went to the north and founded this country and all the kin of Sway has gone from him. He also constructed the city where he began to rule. And he gave this city the name - Uppsala.
Uppsala is one of the most ancient cities. In I - VIII century there was a settlement of a Sway tribe. Tombs of kings testify it in Old Uppsala. The ancient city saw a lot during its history: battles of Vikings, greatness and falling of kings. The first in Sweden university was established in Uppsala. The Cathedral became the last haven of outstanding politicians and the scientists who had left a trace in history of the country.
Modern Uppsala - surprisingly beautiful and pleasant city, which life till now is defined by students.
We came to the Swedish ground at 7.00 in the morning. Our ferry came from Turku in such early time. It was too early to begin our excursion around Stockholm.
Therefore we directed our car to Uppsala - the ancient capital of Sweden. We decided to examine the biggest in Scandinavia Cathedral, the most ancient University to watch sacred Eric and Gustav Vaza's burial places.
Uppsala is on the distance of 71 km from Stockholm. We have overcome this distance on highway E4 less than in an... more travel advice
If you have time after a survey of Uppsala, we recommend to visit Linnaeus Garden. It's located in the northern part of... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Uppsala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My favorite Swedish town"
- "Uppsala by Maline"
- "Historic student city"
- "UPPSALA - An Underrated Unique Scandnavian City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uppsala
- Hotels in Uppsala
- Transportation in Uppsala
- Nightlife in Uppsala
- Restaurants in Uppsala
- Shopping in Uppsala
- Warnings and Dangers in Uppsala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uppsala
- 14 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Uppsala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uppsala
Photos in UppsalaSee All Photos (86)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (76)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Uppsala hotel reviews
- Basic Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2011
- Park Inn Uppsala
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Hotel Uppsala
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- First Hotel Linne Uppsala
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 25, 2013
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Svava
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Clarion Hotel Gillet
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013