"Moscow-Kronborg" Top 5 Page for this destination Kronborg by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Kronborg Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 162 photos
To the north from Copenhagen on to edge of the cape acting directly in the Oresund strait, there is the huge castle Kronborg, whose graceful, covered by copper towers sharply differ from its massive strengthenings.
It seems, that the centuries-old history of the castle is full of contradictions as well. Once there was a royal residence, then - a military garrison, and now - a museum is placed there. However Kronborg became famous first of all owing to two legendary characters.
First of them - Hamlet, the prince of Denmark, the hero of the play of William Shakespeare. Its action is developed in Kronborg though the author called it Helsingor - the name of city which is located at walls of the castle.
The second legendary hero - Holger the Dane, one of the 12 palladines of the famous emperor Charles the Great (742-814). Like the English king Arthur, Holger didn't die, and, according to the legend, he sleeps, but will wake up to protect the native land if it is necessary.
Having seen enough of architectural and historical sights try to find a minute for dialogue with the nature. Walk... more travel advice
In 1785 Kronborg was transformed into barracks that was why actually it was not kept subjects of furniture there. The... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Kronborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kronborg Castle"
- "Krogen a Powerful Fortress"
- "To hold and protect Denmark!"
- "Kronborg (Helsingor)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kronborg
- Hotels in Kronborg
- Transportation in Kronborg
- Nightlife in Kronborg
- Restaurants in Kronborg
- Shopping in Kronborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kronborg
- 14 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Kronborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kronborg
Photos in KronborgSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 41 reviews, 333 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue