"Moscow - Arcachon" Top 5 Page for this destination Arcachon by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Arcachon Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 187 photos

An excursion to Atlantic coast was waiting for us after Bordeaux. I never heard earlier about such a place as Arcachon.
At the tenth day of our travel we had already been tired enough by various impressions, therefore a prospect simply to be expiated in the sea seemed us very tempting. However the reality has beaten all my expectations.
I have taken advantage of this circumstance, have passed about kilometer from the central part of a beach, and I appeared practically in loneliness. When up to the nearest person remains more than 100 meters, I have took off swimming trunks and rushed into an ocean wave! I was almost stunned! The purest sea water has absorbed me, and I for some time have grown dumb with delight! For the sake of it is necessary to live and come here through almost four thousand kilometers! I tested such a pleasure last time almost twenty years ago on a deserted beach of Pizunda.

When we overcame long enough way through a dune, perspective of a sandy beach and boundless ocean was opened, my spirit was intercepted! Here it is a scale! Baltic dunes and beaches do not go with this magnificence to any comparison.
Unless it is possible to compare some tens meters of width of a beach in Jurmala with a beach of Arcachon in width some hundreds meters. And this beach reaches along a coast tens kilometers up to Bearitz on a border with Spain! Accordingly the density having a rest of tourists was very quickly reduced up to zero.

You can watch my 1 min 59 sec Video Arcachon out of my Youtube channel.

My pages about France:

• Last visit to Arcachon: Aug 1995
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2012

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I guess you enjoy any beach when you live in Moscow!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Some beautiful dunes and beach area. I agree with Lori about the oysters.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2009 at 4:09 AM

Wow, it's a wonderful place indeed! I like those waves!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM

You are right, the beaches on the coast between Bordeaux ansd Spain are magnificent and it is easy to find spots without anybody! Not all French eat oysters (I do) and sure that it requires to be used to them. Cooked oyesters are yummy too and "easier"!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2007 at 6:36 AM

Looks like a nice beach. I would especially like to explore the pine woods.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2007 at 10:10 AM

I'm with you about oysters - Yuck! Give me a fat juicy steak anyday.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2007 at 2:31 AM

Did you go to the Dunes de Pyla? I remember we hiked all afternoon once around Arcachon trying to find them - with no luck:(

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Looks like you had a great time at the beach!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Arachon, the dunes and the ocean look great!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Ah yes, I can fully understand that it is necessary to hop into such water :-) Did the dogs went with you ? Oh, haha, another one who does not like oysters :-) join the club - I also coannit get that glibbering stuff down :-)

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Arcachon

Have you been to Arcachon?

Latest Activity in Arcachon