"Moscow-Carcassonne" Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Carcassonne Travel Guide: 477 reviews and 1,389 photos

In compare with Renaissance castles of Loire, the Carcassonne Castle has more ancient and severe appearance. It became clear when we reached it because the castle is situated at a significant eminence.
Even in Moscow, getting acquainted with the program of my travel, I have become interested in prospect to visit this medieval castle.

You can watch my 6 min 40 sec Video Carcassonne out of my Youtube channel.

It is possible to compare the Carcassonne Castle with the Trakay Castle in Lithuania which, certainly, on scales is smaller. It is possible to see here the true medieval city as we imagine it in various films about Middle Ages.
I'm sure I saw this city in a film. Walls of old city seem absolutely unapproachable, especially from the external side. You try to imagine, storm whence could begin. And it seems that this is hopeless.

My pages about France:

• Last visit to Carcassonne: Aug 1995
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2012

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Thanks for the interesting virtual tour through this city, one I would like to see for myself!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2012 at 11:57 AM

This city really deserves to be in the UNESCO’s World Heritage list!... Thanks for sharing your memories, Sergey!~

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Great page - i have always wanted to visit this area. love the legends and history which make the aqueduct and the castle live on. n.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2008 at 1:57 PM

An excellent page on this famed and very special city!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 12:42 AM

Isn't the castle the very picture of a mediaeval catle? I hope you got to eat some the the famed cassoulet whilst you were there? leyle

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2007 at 8:40 AM

I was aware of Carcasonne's walls and medieval fortress, but I never knew how the city came by its name. Interesting story.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 7:19 AM

We are staying in Carcassonne for a few days at the end of this month, I am getting quite excited after seing your pages.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2007 at 5:54 PM

very interesting historical background. I liked Carcassone Castle and fortifications a lot, especially seeing them once at night.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 2:46 AM

Carcassonne Castle looks impressive where it stands on a hill above the city! Nice history tips!

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Aah, memories...went there in '72 to play rugby...needed police escort out of town because we got a draw (referee too)...had to skip sightseeing!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Carcassonne

Have you been to Carcassonne?

Latest Activity in Carcassonne