"Moscow-Dijon" Top 5 Page for this destination Dijon by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Dijon Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 445 photos
Dijon is one of the most attractive for tourists cities in France. It is known not only its graceful buildings of the Middle Ages, but also its culinary, for example, the most sweet mustard in the world is produced in Dijon
Our excursion around the city as usually began from Notre-Dame. The city centre is Forzh street. Day was windy. On the main foot street flags have been hanged out. They fluttered with noisy in impulses of a wind. One more feature of Dijon, and probably, Burgundy, were multi-coloured roofs from a brown, green and yellow tile. Till now we saw only a brown and orange tile, there it has given a variety to a city landscape.
You can watch my 1 min 44 sec Video Dijon out of my Youtube channel.
A sculpture of an owl attracted our attention near the Cathedral. It shined from touches of the tourists trusting as we have been explained, that the owl will execute any wish.
Ancient walls of XII century surround the Count palace.
Dijon was the capital of four dukes of Burgundy. The glory about the Burgundian ducal court yard rattled across Europe. The city was one of the centers of the European art.
My pages about France:
19) Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur,
26) Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue,
I (and you) may refresh our memory about Dijon even without leaving Moscow. We should go to the Main Building of the... more travel advice
The main sight of the city, is the Medieval center, and also museums. The museum of fine arts located in the Palace of... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Dijon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Splendors of a Medieval and Renaissance Power"
- "THE SPLENDOURS OF THE DUKES OF BURGUNDY."
- "DIJON - the capital of the Dukes of Burgundy"
- "Capital of Burgundy"
- "Dijon - more than mustard"
- "DIJON AND BURGUNDY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dijon
- Hotels in Dijon
- Transportation in Dijon
- Nightlife in Dijon
- Restaurants in Dijon
- Shopping in Dijon
- Warnings and Dangers in Dijon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dijon
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (215)
Have you been to Dijon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dijon
Photos in DijonSee All Photos (14)
Videos in DijonSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues