Idfu Transportation Tips by Kuznetsov_Sergey Top 5 Page for this destination
Idfu Transportation: 8 reviews and 28 photos
Bridge across the Nile at Edfu
There is a bridge across the Nile in Edfu. I was nearly surprised how low it was! Though our boat wasn’t very high with its 4 decks, when it was passing by the bridge a sailor had to incline the aerial that it had not touched the arches of the bridge.
Horse Carriages - Fiacres in Edfu
As the temple is on the distance of several kilometers from the bank of the Nile right after leaving boats tourists may see numerous horse carriages - fiacres. For the majority of tourists it appears a pleasant and unexpected surprise.
You will agree, that the trip by a fiacre is much more attractive, than a trip by a usual excursion bus. East color penetrates you literally during a trip and you become the accomplice of traffic in which besides you tens others horse and donkey carriages participate. The trip lasts about ten minutes - exactly so much to take pleasure and do not get tired.
You may see Egyptian fiacres in Edfu on my Edfu Fiacre 2,20 minute VIDEO CLIP from my YouTube channel .
Edfu (Idfu) harbor
Cruise boats, which begin their way from Luxor to Aswan, usually make their first stop in Edfu early in the morning.
When we have moored to the bank at Edfu harbor, about ten moored boats already stood there. They are usually moored to each other. Therefore several chains of three - four boats in each were moored along the bank of the Nile. Last come boat becomes the last moored in a chain. Therefore passengers consistently pass by decks of 2-3 boats before to step on the bank. In process of returning tourists after the excursion to their boats, they leave the mooring. Therefore tourists get on the boat from the mooring at once while other boats still wait for the passengers.
More Reviews (6)
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Idfu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cruise from Luxor to Aswan via Edfu"
- "2 days, 1 night... 5000 years of history!"
- "Edfu, Horus Temple & again the souk"
- "Edfu / Idfu - the classical Temple"
- "Idfu or Edfu to You"
- "Travelling by horse carriage - fiacre along Edfu"
- "Temple of Edfu - Interior"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Idfu
- Hotels in Idfu
- Transportation in Idfu
- Shopping in Idfu
- Warnings and Dangers in Idfu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Idfu
- 9 Reviews
- 129 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Idfu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Idfu
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- updated a Idfu Travel Page "Cruise from Luxor to Aswan via Edfu"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Edfu-Kom Ombo cruise-daytime relaxation (Part IV)"
- Wrote a Review Nile cruiser - a floating hotel in Idfu Hotels
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Idfu travel pages
Photos in IdfuSee All Photos (129)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 41 reviews, 333 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue