"Moscow-Karnak" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Al Karnak Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 549 photos

Great Temple of Amun at Karnak in Luxor

You may watch my 79-pics SLIDE-Show from my WebShot page Luxor - Karnak Temple

A highlight of Luxor (ancient city of Thebes) is the Karnak Temple. It covers an immense more than 40 hectares. The main and the grandest place of worship is the Precinct of Amun. The Great Hypostyle Hall is 6000 sq m and filled with immense stone pillars. The whole site has colossal statues, reliefs, obelisks and halls and, of course, the Avenue of the Sphinxes.

You may see the Karnak Temple on my 3 min 05 sec Karnak Temple VIDEO clip (Part I) with Anchor Mejans “Mark Surrency (from the Cloud Selections)” music.

You may see the Karnak Temple on my 2 min 45 sec Karnak Temple VIDEO clip (Part II) with Falik “My Beloved” music.

You may see the Karnak Temple on my 3 min 35 sec Karnak Temple VIDEO clip (Part III) with Plank“Bomb of Love” music.

You may see the Karnak Temple on my 2 min 30 sec Karnak Temple VIDEO clip (Part IV) with Gurdonark “Snow Geese” music.

You may see Luxor Downtown on my 2 min 30 sec Luxor VIDEO clip with Gurdonark “I like rain” music.

• Last visit to Al Karnak: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Interesting pages and lovely photo's. No wonder there is a lot of tourist's when that many buses arrive at around about the same time!

• Feb 17, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Fantastic picture! I see a lot of people there! I have been in Egypt only one! Have to been again! Nikolas

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 8:18 AM

A great page on this impressive site. Too bad there is such a crowd. I wonder when is the best time to be « alone » (if ever that is possible !)

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 11:44 PM

You have given a great tour of this temple. It takes hours to cover and so easy to miss some of the hidden nooks and crannies. A job well done.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 4:06 AM

I see you were not alone here Sergey = isn't it amazing what we tourist do!! Enjoyed the tour = thanks for sharing

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 4:34 AM

Loved this page on Al Karnak Sergey, esp. the wonderful temples and sculptures like the ram-headed sphinxes. Stunning pics in your t'logs.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 12:33 AM

Wow, it does look like Universal Cahos there! Great descriptions of Karnak - I'd love to see it at a quiet time.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 12:43 PM

The temples are certainly interesting, and would be worth seeing. However, the amount of tourists there is insane! I'd feel claustrophobic there.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 5:12 AM

Excellent Tips and photos. Looks like a interesting place to visit.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2007 at 3:31 AM

Looks like a spectacular place and your photos are amazing. I'm not sure if I could handle those crowds though. Is there any time of day it's not so crowded ? :))

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Al Karnak

Have you been to Al Karnak?

Latest Activity in Al Karnak