"Cairo Christian and Islamic" Cairo by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Cairo Travel Guide: 3,988 reviews and 9,544 photos
Cairo is the largest city of Egypt and one of the largest cities of the world. Though on the area it concedes to Moscow twice, but by in a number of the population it surpasses Moscow almost twice. 18 million inhabitants in comparison with 10 million in Moscow have seemed impressing.
The city is located mainly on the right east bank of the Nile near to the beginning of its delta. From two sides the city is clamped by deserted plateaus - Muqattam from the east and Giza from the West. Therefore the city strongly extends along the river. In the city there are two islands: Gezira and Roda.
In comparison with clean and well-groomed European cities Cairo makes depressing impression. However owing to the sights it certainly deserves visiting by any person who is interested in history and culture of Egypt.
You may watch my SLIDE-SHOW in full resolution from my personal WebShot page Cairo
You may watch my following VIDEO-Clips from my personal YouTube channel:
3 min 45 sec Egypt Cairo Traveling by bus from Giza 2007
0 min 45 sec Egypt Cairo Museum Outside 2007
3 min 37 sec Egypt Cairo Traveling by bus 2007
2 min 52 sec Egypt Cairo Old El Muallaka 2007
2 min 39 sec Egypt Cairo Old St George Monastery 2007
2 min 28 sec Egypt Christian Cairo 2007
1 min 03 sec Egypt Cairo Old Souvenir Shop 2007
4 min 42 sec Egypt Cairo Traveling by bus across Islamic 2007
2 min 44 sec Egypt Cairo Islamic 2007
5 min 52 sec Egypt Cairo Khan al-Khalili Bazaar 2007
2 min 36 sec Egypt Cairo Traveling by bus across Cairo 2007
0 min 55 sec Egypt Cairo Restaurant 2007
My other Egypt pages out of the April 2007 Trip:
3) Bur Safajah,
5) Al Karnak,
6) Necropolis of Thebes,
9) Esna (Isna),
10) Edfu (Idfu),
11) Temple of Horus in Edfu,
12) Kom Ombo,
13) Abu Simbel,
16) Pyramids of Giza,
Strolling around Christian Cairo and visiting world famous Churches I came to the Orthodox cemetery which impressed me... more travel advice
The Egyptian Museum situated to the northwest of the Liberation Square. It is known by the world's largest and finest... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Cairo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairo`s yellow pages!"
- "Cairo- Umm el Dunya"
- "CAIRO... still thinking of..."
- "3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more"
- "The 4 days were far from enough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairo
- Hotels in Cairo
- Transportation in Cairo
- Nightlife in Cairo
- Restaurants in Cairo
- Shopping in Cairo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairo
- 27 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairo
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Commented on one of jumpingnorman's Cairo travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Cairo
- updated a Cairo Travel Page "Cairo Christian and Islamic"
- Uploaded a Photo to " Mahmud Pasha Mosque"
- Wrote a Review Orthodox Cemetery in Old Cairo in Cairo Off The Beaten Path
Photos in CairoSee All Photos (146)
Videos in CairoSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 41 reviews, 333 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue