"Cairo Christian and Islamic" Cairo by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Cairo Travel Guide: 3,986 reviews and 9,572 photos

Cairo is the largest city of Egypt and one of the largest cities of the world. Though on the area it concedes to Moscow twice, but by in a number of the population it surpasses Moscow almost twice. 18 million inhabitants in comparison with 10 million in Moscow have seemed impressing.

The city is located mainly on the right east bank of the Nile near to the beginning of its delta. From two sides the city is clamped by deserted plateaus - Muqattam from the east and Giza from the West. Therefore the city strongly extends along the river. In the city there are two islands: Gezira and Roda.

In comparison with clean and well-groomed European cities Cairo makes depressing impression. However owing to the sights it certainly deserves visiting by any person who is interested in history and culture of Egypt.

You may watch my SLIDE-SHOW in full resolution from my personal WebShot page Cairo

• Last visit to Cairo: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 20, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Cairo sounds like it has heaps of nice Mosque's, bit like Istanbul and all its Mosques! I have heard about the crazy traffic before, it sounds frightening.

• Feb 15, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Excellent work! Your web sites are fantastic! Nikos

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Wow, another great part of your Egypt trip, Sergey :-)) I didn't know of that much churches in Old Cairo. Thanks for adding the sacred destinations website and the music to your videos. The music is marvellous and fits so well while reading :-))

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2007 at 2:17 AM

You did a great job !!! Very good pages I will star to stuy the Panoramio

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 5:07 AM

As always, a fantastic page! It's nice to read your perspective on this great city. Going back there in 2 weeks!!!!

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Great page! This part is still exotic and undiscovered to me:) I was impressed that Cairo has so old Christian churches! It is always better to travel individually than with tourist group:)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Cairo is a great and busy city! I really enjoyed my visit there and your tips brought back good memories.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 1:13 AM

Wow, Sergey, you saw so much more of Cairo than I did! I never realized there were so many beautiful buildings scattered throughout the city. I too was astonished by the traffic mayhem in the city, so I had to laugh at your tip!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Great page again Sergey! I'm sure one would need a couple of days to see all those beautiful places.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2007 at 7:34 AM

Cairo is surely one of the great cities of the world, and I have to go there someday. (BTW, I just got back from my trip to Yemen & Djibouti).

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Cairo