"Wonderful Aswan" Top 5 Page for this destination Aswan by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Aswan Travel Guide: 634 reviews and 2,123 photos

Aswan is considered one of the most picturesque places in Egypt. It is located on the distance about 900 kilometers from Cairo and 200 kilometers from Luxor. In days of pharaohs Aswan was the southern advanced post of the country.

The city is stretched on the right bank of the Nile near to its first threshold. The desert approaches to water from the high left bank of the river. 83 islands are scattered across the Nile. The majority of them represent naked granite blocks.

Two high-altitude dams - old (English) and new (Soviet) are the sights of Aswan. The Coptic museum and the well-known but not finished ancient obelisk are also very attractive for visiting.

You may watch my Aswan SLIDE-Show with high resolution 58 pics from my WebShot channel.

• Last visit to Aswan: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 22, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2008 at 9:27 AM

Sergey, you have numerous trip and huge coverage of them! Thanks for presentaion!

• Feb 21, 2008 at 5:05 AM

Excellent web site like all the others! Great info, tips, pictures anything! Hope that i will see uou in VT Rank number one one day! volopolo

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2008 at 10:38 PM

I am glad enough to read all these lovely tips now and enjoy our lovely feed back (~_~)

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2007 at 5:10 AM

Very enjoyable Sergey - those dams are most impressive, and I didn't know that Kitchener had an island there. Wonder if you'd mind emailing me why you think the "unfinished obelisk" is modern?

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Wow, Sergey, fantastic !!! I really cannot get enough of your videos as addendum to the atmosphere :-) My favourite here is the one in Nubian Museum - the music shoots me into the galaxies :-)) (it was me, since yesterday here)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2007 at 3:07 PM

Another interesting page! That felucca trip on the Nile sounds great!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2007 at 6:30 AM

The Botanical Island would be a big ht with me = so much to see and do :) Thanks Sergy for the wonderful virtual tour which I enjoyed very much

• Oct 27, 2007 at 8:49 AM

looks like very green place. very attractive monument to Soviet-Egyptian friendship :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 9:41 PM

The Aswan unfinished obelisk reminds me that on the Vercors Plateau, 60 km from Grenoble, away from any road, lies an amazing huge unfinished Roman column. The great dam is an amazing achievement but its ecological consequences have been underestimated!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2007 at 1:05 PM

Yet another interesting new page from your trip to Egypt. I never realized there was an Old Aswan Dam from 1902, in addition to the new one.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Aswan