"Hurghada-Luxor via Bur Safajah (Safaga)" Bur Safajah by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Bur Safajah Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 46 photos

You may watch my 16-pics SLIDE-Show from my WebShot page Bur Safajah-Luxor convoy

Bur Safajah (Safaga) is a small town on the coast of the Red Sea about 60 kilometers from Hurghada. I would not pay attention to this place, if the existing order of sending tourists bus caravans from Hurghada to Luxor.

When our bus has arrived to Safaga, I have been amazed by how many buses were waiting for the departure to Luxor. It seemed to me, that there were more than a hundred buses. Therefore the name of the city of Safaga now will always associate for me with a chaos of buses and the armed escort.

You can see my 1 min 45 sec Hurghada – Bur Safajah (Safaga) road VIDEO clip with Superstar Satisfaction (Original Mix) music from my YouTube channel .

Please press the right bottom button on the screen for expansion of the image in the whole screen.

You can see my 2 min 25 sec Bur Safajah (Safaga) – Luxor road VIDEO clip with Superstar Just a Girl music from my YouTube channel .

You can see my 1 min 50 sec Bur Safajah (Safaga) – Luxor Bazaar-stop VIDEO clip with The Clovers One Mint Julep music from my YouTube channel

• Last visit to Bur Safajah: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2007

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2011 at 7:06 AM

That does look kind of scary...

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Hello, Sergey! Thanks for your story and videos!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2009 at 4:30 AM

Interesting little page Sergey. It sure is a muddle of buses and camels. Lovely little mosque though.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Hi Sergey - security for tourist of Egypt is of high priority. But the last terror act was only a few weeks ago. Nevertheless it is a beautiful country. Good info

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Nice pictures from your trip between Hurghada and Luxor. I travelled with the caravan in 2000 and remember there were many buses, but probably less than when you went.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Sergei, great tips, photos, slides, and videos! But I'm a little disappointed that you rode through the desert on a bus instead of a camel (haha). Best from New Jersey, Bill

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM

The chaos of buses and armed escorts had me laughing = many would be here to sample the delights of this incredible area

• Mar 1, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Another great Egypt web site! volopolo

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Great page Sergey, those mountains sound fantastic. From South America, where we are now, Egypt seems a completely different world.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2007 at 12:18 PM

Nice page on this "bus hub"! Do not think that mountains in the desert are lifeless. I know from the Sahara, that they are full of life that you cannot spot from a bus. hikinbg is the only way to see that!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Bur Safajah

Have you been to Bur Safajah?

Latest Activity in Bur Safajah