"Philae Temples at night" Top 5 Page for this destination Philae by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Philae Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 342 photos

It is considered that the Ptolemies erected the imposing buildings of the Philae Temples in the last two centuries B.C. and the Roman Emperors continued the construction in the first three centuries A.D. I don’t believe it but let them talk about it!

The Temples were built of the same style of the temples of the New Kingdom in addition to some other elements, which appeared in the Greco-Roman period.

You may watch my following VIDEO Clips from my personal YouTube channel:

1 min 22 sec Egypt Aswan Getting Philai 2007

7 min 30 sec Egypt Aswan Philai Temple Nightshow Part I 2007

3 min 26 sec Egypt Aswan Philae Temple Nightshow Part II 2007

• Last visit to Philae: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2010 at 4:56 AM

Hello, Sergey! Thanks for your interesting story!.....

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Excellent source of information, Sergey. and the video clips are good. Also the photo on overview page is really unusual/ Thanks

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Philae looks amazing at night. I wish I had stayed for the sound and show... a reason to go back!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful page.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 11:28 PM

Wow, another excellent page with the appropriate videos that reflect the atmosphere of the show. Ah, Sergey, I am so happy that Youtube is existing, the links to your videos make all these Egypt pages something special :-))

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 9:50 PM

Philae is one of the place I want the most to visit in Egypt. As a night how, that is obviously even more impressive! Great the relocation of the monuments made them even more available than they were before the building of the great dam!

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Very interesting and useful tips about egypt..congratulations dear Sergey...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Fine nighttime photos in your new travelogues, and in your tips and intro page. I once saw an interesting Sound and Light Show in Athens, but I didn't know they had them in Egypt as well.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 5:11 AM

Fantastic page Sergey!!! Egypt is on my wish list...I hope to be there soon!!!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 4:53 AM

You certainly did a comprehensive trip of Egypt, Sergey. I must admit I didn't know that these temples had been moved, and that it was only possible when the high dam was built.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Philae is sooo nice! And it looks great in your pics!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Philae