"From Luxor to Aswan via Isna" Top 5 Page for this destination Isna by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Isna Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 238 photos

You may see my 5 min VIDEO clip Dawn over the Nile near Isna with Xenia Akeynikova "Dawn Over Moscow" music.

You may see my VIDEO passing by Isna with Rakhmaninov music from my personal YouTube channel. After opening the VIDEO please press the right bottom button on the screen for expansion of the image in the whole screen.

Another way of showing pics for the tip by means of my SLIDE SHOW Sunrise over the Nile on my personal WebShot page.

Isna (or Esna) is a town 55 kilometers South of Luxor and 160 kilometers north of Aswan where stands a lock. Unfortunately it provokes major boat traffic jams.
The thing goes like this: cruise ships have to wait for many hours for their turn in the river lock, so they stop frequently.

As an excursion to Isna is not stipulated by the program of the cruise I have tried to study this city by means of Internet, having been already at home.
Isna is known for the Ptolemic temple of Khnum, the god with the Ram's head. The town's Greek name was Latopolis.

• Last visit to Isna: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2007

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2010 at 12:43 PM

What a lovely sunset picture! I enjoyed the tour of Isna! Excellent page!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2009 at 1:31 AM

It was a nice voyage, Sergey! Thanks for your page!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I also went on a boat along the Nile - i thought it was the best way to go...Norman :)

• Mar 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Every time i visit your websites i love to stay all my day read and see the pictures! volopolo

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2008 at 2:13 AM

I am really enjoying your series of pages on the Nile and Egypt, Sergey. Just think, if your boat had gone quickly through the lock, you may not have been able to take those lovely sunrise photos!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2007 at 5:15 AM

I dream more and more of a Nile cruise every time I view your Egypt pages Sergey. Enjoyed the slide show "Sunrise over the Nile".

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Nice Isna page Sergey - a lot of info ! I passed this sluice - more than 10years ago - so thx for remembering me

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 6:29 AM

Like you, I would be awed by the sight of the Nile, especially at sunrise or sunset. Luckily the long wait for passing through the locks takes place at night, when everyone is asleep.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 1:52 AM

Wow, that is terrible to wait for hours to pass a single sluice! I suppose that the highly polluting liquid wastes from sugar cane plants flow directly into the Nile! Water pollution plus water pollution! Too bad!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Seeing Isna and the Nile from the deck just before sunrise sounds lovely!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Isna