"From Luxor to Aswan via Kom Ombo" Top 5 Page for this destination Kawm Umbu by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Kawm Umbu Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 272 photos

Kom Ombo stands on a promontory at a bend in the Nile, at the north end of the largest area of agricultural land south between Aswan and Edfu. Situated on a plateau cut by two long dry streams which isolated the site, it provides one of the most spectacular settings of any of Egypt's river temples.

The Temple is situated on the east bank of the Nile. It was built on a high dune overlooking the Nile. The Temple actually consists of two temples – the Temple of Sobek and the Temple of Horus, because it was dedicated two Egyptian gods - Horus and Sobek. They say sacred crocodiles basked in the sun on the river bank near here in ancient times. The Temple was built out of limestone.

You may see the Harbor of Kom-Ombo and Sunset over the Nile on my 1 min 25 sec Kom Ombo harbor and Sunset VIDEO clip

You may see the entrance into the Temple of Kom-Ombo and Courtyard on my 2 min 30 sec Kom Ombo Courtyard VIDEO clip

You may see the First Hypostyle Hall of the Kom-Ombo Temple on my 2 min 07 sec Kom Ombo First Hypostyle Hall VIDEO clip

You may see the Temple of Kom-Ombo on my 3 min 18 sec Kom Ombo Temple VIDEO clip

You may see Outer Wall and medicine relieves of Kom-Ombo on my 4 min 02 sec Kom Ombo Outer Wall VIDEO clip

You may see Outer Wall of Kom-Ombo on my 3 min 05 sec Kom Ombo Outer Wall VIDEO clip

You may see the final Kom-Ombo Temple scenery on my 2 min 56 sec Kom Ombo Temple final scenery VIDEO clip

You may see cruise boat restaurant on my 44 sec Cruise boat restaurant VIDEO clip

You may see the Night-show on my 6 min 17 sec Cruise Boat Night-show VIDEO clip

You may see our dancing at the cruise boat on my 1 min 43 sec Cruise Boat Dancing VIDEO clip

• Last visit to Kawm Umbu: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Wonderful pictures and videos, as usual! Thanks, Sergey! ><><><

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Sergey! You look good in that Nubian outfit, hehehe..I should wear it too...That Medicine Relief looks interesting --- I saw some in Egypt and not sure if that was the same place...Norman :)

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 6:55 AM

A fascinating description of this interesting ancient civilization and its marvellous relics. I would love to see those medical instruments! I watched the videos too. Excellent, Sergey.

• Mar 1, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Excellent pictures and information! volopolo

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Againm, marvellous, Sergey :-)) Hihi, I like the Nubian and his dancing :-))

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Fantastic page!!! I'm fascinating about Egypt!!!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2007 at 5:01 AM

Fascinating place, but when I saw the flotilla of cruise boats, I wasn't surprised that it was so crowded! Still, it looked a good party and you made an impressive Egyptian. :))

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Great history & architecture here too = nice to see you also had some fun dressing up for your night of singing & dancing!!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Sergey, lovely new page of your Egyptian Adventure. Unfortunately there really seem to be too many people in the Temple at the same time. Greetings to Moscow. :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Sergey, I loved the Egypt Night Cruise video! Great dancing, and what an excellent costume. Wow, that mummified crocodile is really something. I would hate all the crowds, but the history and architecture is awesome.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Kawm Umbu

Have you been to Kawm Umbu?

Latest Activity in Kawm Umbu