"From Luxor to Aswan via Kom Ombo" Top 5 Page for this destination Kawm Umbu by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Kawm Umbu Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 272 photos
Kom Ombo stands on a promontory at a bend in the Nile, at the north end of the largest area of agricultural land south between Aswan and Edfu. Situated on a plateau cut by two long dry streams which isolated the site, it provides one of the most spectacular settings of any of Egypt's river temples.
The Temple is situated on the east bank of the Nile. It was built on a high dune overlooking the Nile. The Temple actually consists of two temples – the Temple of Sobek and the Temple of Horus, because it was dedicated two Egyptian gods - Horus and Sobek. They say sacred crocodiles basked in the sun on the river bank near here in ancient times. The Temple was built out of limestone.
You may see the Harbor of Kom-Ombo and Sunset over the Nile on my 1 min 25 sec Kom Ombo harbor and Sunset VIDEO clip
You may see the entrance into the Temple of Kom-Ombo and Courtyard on my 2 min 30 sec Kom Ombo Courtyard VIDEO clip
You may see the First Hypostyle Hall of the Kom-Ombo Temple on my 2 min 07 sec Kom Ombo First Hypostyle Hall VIDEO clip
You may see the Temple of Kom-Ombo on my 3 min 18 sec Kom Ombo Temple VIDEO clip
You may see Outer Wall and medicine relieves of Kom-Ombo on my 4 min 02 sec Kom Ombo Outer Wall VIDEO clip
You may see Outer Wall of Kom-Ombo on my 3 min 05 sec Kom Ombo Outer Wall VIDEO clip
You may see the final Kom-Ombo Temple scenery on my 2 min 56 sec Kom Ombo Temple final scenery VIDEO clip
You may see cruise boat restaurant on my 44 sec Cruise boat restaurant VIDEO clip
You may see the Night-show on my 6 min 17 sec Cruise Boat Night-show VIDEO clip
You may see our dancing at the cruise boat on my 1 min 43 sec Cruise Boat Dancing VIDEO clip
My other Egyptian pages out of the April,2007 Trip:
3) Bur Safajah,
5) Al Karnak,
6) Necropolis of Thebes,
9) Esna (Isna),
10) Edfu (Idfu),
11) Temple of Horus in Edfu,
12) Kom Ombo,
13) Abu Simbel,
16) Pyramids of Giza,
When Nubian performance came to its end the tourists went on their own performance with dancing, singing and making joy... more travel advice
Dawns and sunsets over the Nile made huge impression on me. We have arrived in Kom Ombo just before sunset. It was... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Kawm Umbu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Luxor to Aswan via Kom Ombo"
- "Dual Temple of Sobek and Horus"
- "THE CROCODILE TEMPLE"
- "Temple of Kom Ombo/Kawm Umbu"
- "Kom Ombu / Kawm Umbu - Either way, it was fun!"
- "Kom Ombo Temple"
- "Kawm Umbu / Kom Ombo - with a view on the Nile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kawm Umbu
- Transportation in Kawm Umbu
- Nightlife in Kawm Umbu
- Restaurants in Kawm Umbu
- Shopping in Kawm Umbu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kawm Umbu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kawm Umbu
- 16 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Kawm Umbu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kawm Umbu
Photos in Kawm UmbuSee All Photos (117)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 41 reviews, 333 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue