"ANKARA capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Ankara by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Ankara Travel Guide: 374 reviews and 1,293 photos

Ankara has gone by several names over the ages: The Hittites gave it the name Ankuwash before 1200 BC. The Galatians and Romans called it Ancyra. In the classical, Hellenistic, and Byzantine periods it was known as Ánkyra.

You may watch my 29 high resolution photos Slide-show Ankara out of my Webshot page.

You may watch my 4 min 24 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Slide-show with Tarkan Dudu musik,
1 min 44 sec VIDEO-Clip Istanbul-Ankara by bus with Ankarali Coscun music,
1 min 57 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Late evening walk with Gokhan Ozen Daynamanam music,
1 min 16 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Hotel Capital with Gokhan Ozen Daynamanam music,
2 min 16 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Early morning walk with Turkish pop music,
3 min 25 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Street scenes out of bus window with Grup Hepsi Kalpsizsin music,
3 min 04 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Citadel - Hisar with Mustafa Sandal&Natalia Hatyrla Beni music ,
3 min 42 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Museum of Anatolian Civilizations Part I ,
4 min 13 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Museum of Anatolian Civilizations Part II ,
2 min 08 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Anitkabir - Mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk with Turkey national anthem,
1 min 37 sec VIDEO-Clip Ankara Anitkabir - Turkish Guard .

Completed pages out of my trip to Turkey in April-May of 2008:

• Last visit to Ankara: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 10, 2009

• asiaminor's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM

the best ankara page i ve seen so far in VT , thanx

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2009 at 1:56 AM

I enjoyed your page, real history here. We want to visit Turkey, had a day trip to Marmaris from Rhodes 2008, now want to explore the "Real Turkey".

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2009 at 2:41 AM

Excellent page on Turkey's capital. Turkey is one of our favourite countries in Europe to visit. We hope to visit Ankara on our next trip to Turkey. ~ho & pang

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Hi Sergey! So, the Hittites used to be in Ankara --- it was gruesome pictures that I saw in Egypt with the Egyptians mutilating some of the Hittites...Did you see those reliefs in Egypt (on the pylons)?

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Ah, Turkey finally :-) I love the new video format and like the music very much, a bit "Central Asian" :-) The Turkish village looks soooo picturesque and I also like the museum and its exhibits in your videos and TLs!

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Atatürk had a good idea to establish the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations! Here is a very nice page Sergey, and I enjoyed a lot this virtual tour. Better to see the soldiers as statues rather than in real :)). Nice photos in the travellogues.

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Shame on me! Your Ankara pages are much better than mines! Ankara seem better with your pages. :-)) But, I am afraid you didn't see the museum side of Anitkabir. Best wishes from Ankara.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Dear Master thanks a lot again for your contribution to my city where I made my university studies and my military services...great tips and videos as usual

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Privet, Sergey! Thanks for your creative page about that splendid city! Nice pictures and description!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Great tips Sergey, and seeing your page brings back many good memories to me too!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Ankara