Ayvalik Favorite Tips by Kuznetsov_Sergey Top 5 Page for this destination
Ayvalik Favorites: 6 reviews and 15 photos
Favorite thing: Ayvalik is a seaside town on the northwestern Aegean coast. It’s . It’s well-known as a week-end resort for inhabitants of Istanbul and Izmir. It was alternatively called Kidonies by the town's formerly important Greek population. It is situated on a narrow coastal plain surrounded by low hills to the east which are covered with pine and olive trees.
Ayvalik is also surrounded by the archipelago of the Ayvalik Islands on the sea and by a narrow peninsula in the south.
According to a legend Athlantida disappeared somewhere close to this area.
The town`s busiest area is the harbor where fishing boats and sightseeing ships are anchored. Along the harbor there are many sea facing cafes and terrace restaurants, which are thronged by Greek shoppers and locals.
The official website Ayvalik is unfortunately in Turkish.
You may watch my high resolution photo of Ayvalik on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 39° 18' 43.82" N 26° 40' 47.53" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Ayvalik.
Sarimsakli - view from my balcony
Favorite thing: Ayvalik is the southernmost district of Balýkesir. Gömeç, Burhaniye and Edremit are other districts of the Balýkesir Province which are situated on the Aegean shores and they are lined up respectively to the north.
Ayvalik includes several small towns and villages. One of them is Sarimsakli. It’s located 7 kilometers to the south. We spent there half a day and a night and I took an opportunity to explore this place by foot.
It’s a quiet town with sandy beaches which spread several kilometers along the Hakkibey Peninsula.
You may watch my high resolution photo of Ayvalik on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 39° 16' 13.10" N 26° 40' 14.93" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Sarimsakli.
More Reviews (11)
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Ayvalik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ayvalik, Sarimsakli"
- "Ayvalik - Sarimsakli"
- "I left my heart here"
- "AYVALIK IS A SMPHONY"
- "Turkey's best kept secret"
- "i love Ayvalik"
- "A Town smells olive all around"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayvalik
- Hotels in Ayvalik
- Transportation in Ayvalik
- Nightlife in Ayvalik
- Restaurants in Ayvalik
- Shopping in Ayvalik
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayvalik
- See All...
Explore the World
- Granada Hotels
- Haurgeulis Hotels
- Isle of Skye
- Lopinot Hotels
- Keflavík Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ayvalik
- 13 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Ayvalik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayvalik
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Commented on one of traveloturc's Ayvalik travel pages
- updated a Ayvalik Travel Page "Ayvalik - Sarimsakli"
- Uploaded a Video to Ayvalik
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ayvalik - Sarimsakli"
- Wrote a Review Evening walk around Sarimsakli in Ayvalik Nightlife
Photos in AyvalikSee All Photos (85)
Videos in AyvalikSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues