"Ayvalik - Sarimsakli" Top 5 Page for this destination Ayvalik by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Ayvalik Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 463 photos

Ayvalik is a seaside town on the northwestern Aegean coast. It’s . It’s well-known as a week-end resort for inhabitants of Istanbul and Izmir. It was alternatively called Kidonies by the town's formerly important Greek population. It is situated on a narrow coastal plain surrounded by low hills to the east which are covered with pine and olive trees.
Ayvalik is also surrounded by the archipelago of the Ayvalik Islands on the sea and by a narrow peninsula in the south.

According to a legend Athlantida disappeared somewhere close to this area.
The town`s busiest area is the harbor where fishing boats and sightseeing ships are anchored. Along the harbor there are many sea facing cafes and terrace restaurants, which are thronged by Greek shoppers and locals.

You can watch my 27 high resolution photos slideshow Ayvalik-Sarimsakli out of my Webshot page.

You can watch my 5 min 27 sec HD Video Ayvalik Around by bus out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Serdar Ortak - Dayan,
3 min 10 sec HD Video Ayvalik Hotel Kalif out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Mert Ekren – Kiz Bu Bana Yapilirmi,
3 min 33 sec HD Video Sarimsakli Walking around out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Emrah – Ayrilda Gel,
4 min 36 sec Video Ayvalik Sarimsakli HD slide show out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Sertab – Back to the beach,
2 min 59 sec HD Video Ayvalik Sarimsakli evening walk out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Nazan Oncel – Oluyorum Anlasana.

Completed pages out of my trip to Turkey in April-May of 2008:

• Last visit to Ayvalik: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 11, 2009

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Dear Master Sergey I enjoyed very much your Ayvalik pages.I finished also recently my page about Ayvalik.I need your comments ...All the best regards .

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Oh I could hop in that water and take a morning bath :-)) And I get hungry when I look at your food photos :-))

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Ayvalik looks like a lovely seaside town and resort. Great pictures of the area Sergey.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Ayvalik, Sarimsakli, your beach hotel, the converted churches, beautiful beaches, the islands...all make for interesting and educational reading. Superior photos to accompany all of this information.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Wow, so many pages of Turkey ! First I have to scan pictures before I can even start. Like JL I also wondered that Lesbos was so close. So after visiting Ayvalik I went to Lesbos the next trip to see all in other perspective.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Yikes, the Table of the Devil! That's scary...I'll wait for you at the top of this hill, hehehe....Norman :)

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Thanks for these intelligent informative tips. We are visiting Turkey in December. They will bemost useful. I also loved the videos& music. Thanks Sergey.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I am always amazed to see how close are the Greek islands from Turkey mainland!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Hello, Sergey! I can envy you all your Turkey journeys... Well done!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM

You have an another good page here on Ayvalik. Ayvalik and Cunda are my top favourites.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Ayvalik

Have you been to Ayvalik?

Latest Activity in Ayvalik