Bergama Favorite Tips by Kuznetsov_Sergey Top 5 Page for this destination
Bergama Favorites: 10 reviews and 18 photos
Bergama from Pergamon Hill
Favorite thing: Today the modern Turkish town of Bergama surrounds the ancient precipice and partially covers the ruins of Roman Pergamum.
I saw only upper part of the ancient city (the Hill of Acropolis) and described them it my TTD tips.
Entrance Fee: 5 YTL ($3) - You can see my ticket among hidden pics.
Admission: Open 08:30 - 17:30 every day.
From the front of the terrace there is a magnificent view of the lower terraces of the Acropolis, the Theater, the Temple of Trajan, the town of Bergama and the hills beyond the alluvial plain.
Among other Bergama's notable ruins are the Sanctuary of Asclepius, a temple dedicated to an ancient Greek god of healing, and the "Red Basilica" complex ("Kizil Avlu" in Turkish). Unfortuantely I didn’t see them.
You may watch my high resolution photo of Bergama on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 39° 7' 55.71" N 27° 11' 0.80" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Bergama from Pergamon Hill .
Bergama - Pergamon
Favorite thing: Bergama is famous as the city which was the ancient Greek and Roman cultural center of Pergamon and because the Pergamenes invented a new substance to use in codices, called pergaminus or pergamena (parchment) after the city.
Its ancient ruins continue to attract considerable tourist interest today and lie to the north and west of the modern city. Roman Pergamon is believed to have sustained a population of approximately 150,000 at its height in the first century AD (now only 50,000 live here).
More Reviews (19)
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Bergama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bergama - Pergamon"
- "Bergama (Pergamon) - Pergamene Kaste city"
- "Ancient Pergamon located in Bergama City"
- "Bergama, Pergamo, Pergammon..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bergama
- Hotels in Bergama
- Transportation in Bergama
- Restaurants in Bergama
- Shopping in Bergama
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kampong Poring Hotels
- Wabasso Beach Hotels
- San Juan del Sur Hotels
- Caha Mountains Hotels
- Rrethi i Kolonjes
Badges & Stats in Bergama
- 21 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Bergama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bergama
Videos in BergamaSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (72)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Bergama hotel reviews
- Odyssey Guesthouse
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Pension Athena
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Gobi Pension
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- Berksoy Hotel
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 6, 2013
- Boblingen Pension
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2013
- Anil Hotel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013