Ephesus Favorite Tips by Kuznetsov_Sergey Top 5 Page for this destination
Ephesus Favorites: 39 reviews and 37 photos
Favorite thing: Ephesus Ancient City:
Location: 3 km from Selcuc.
Open hours 8.30-18.30, in winter 8.30-17.30.
Admission fee 20 TRY ($15).
Ephesus Museum, Efes Müzesi
Location; Selcuc - On the edge of the park near the intersection of Atatürk Cad., opposite the Tourist Information office.
Open hours; Tues-Sun 8:30-18.00.
Admission fee 5 TRY ($4).
Ephesus - the typical way of excursion
Favorite thing: The ancient city occupies the territory of several square kilometers. You can see the map of the Ancient city and the typical way of excursion (green color) on the picture.
This place became known since the 19th century. The history of excavation began in 1859-74 on the Odeon and the theatre. It was carried out by J.T.Wood under the auspices of the British Museum. Excavations were carried out on the Temple of Artemis in May 1869.
Regular excavations began in 1895 under the direction of Otto Bendore who was a member of the Viennese Academy.
The excavations directed by R.Heberg on behalf of the Austrian Archaeological Institute uncovered the Agora, the Theatre, the Arcadiane and the Library of Celsus. Operations were suspended during the First World War, but work was resumed in 1926. Excavations were conducted by a large team under the direction of Hermann Vetters on behalf of the Austrian Archaeological Institute.
More Reviews (23)
- "Made in Austria"
- Goats’s paths
- 30 km from Ephesus
- Don’t climb up the Hill
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Ephesus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE WONDER OF EPHESUS"
- "Ephesus - Ancient city"
- "The Inspiring Roman Ruins of Ephesus"
- "Ephesus the open air Museum"
- "Ephesus (Efes) and Nearby Selcuk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ephesus
- Hotels in Ephesus
- Transportation in Ephesus
- Nightlife in Ephesus
- Restaurants in Ephesus
- Shopping in Ephesus
- Warnings and Dangers in Ephesus
- See All...
Explore the World
- Calpe Hotels
- Cayman Brac Hotels
- Atyrau Hotels
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Wytheville Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ephesus
- 25 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Ephesus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ephesus
Photos in EphesusSee All Photos (136)
Videos in EphesusSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Virgin Mary House- 20 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Celsus Library- 45 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Grand Theatre- 36 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Toilet- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Hadrian Temple- 19 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Agora- 15 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Curettes Road- 28 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Artemis Temple- 11 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Odeon (small theatre)- 15 Reviews, 35 Photos
- History- 6 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Ephesus Things to Do