"Ephesus - Ancient city" Top 5 Page for this destination Ephesus by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Ephesus Travel Guide: 511 reviews and 1,942 photos

The ruins of Ephesus are a favorite international and local tourist attraction. In fact Ephesus contains the largest collection of Roman ruins East of the Mediterranean. Only an estimated 15% has been excavated.
You can watch my 53 high resolution photos in the Slide-show Ephesus out of my Webshot album.

You can watch my 2 min 15 sec Video clip Pamukkale Ephesus road with Nalan – Cayir-Cayir Turkish pop music,
3 min 33 sec Video clip Ephesus Part I with J.Bach – Air From Suite No.3 in R Minor music,
3 min 19 sec Video clip Ephesus Part II with J.Bach – Air on the D String, from Orchestral Suite No.4 music,
2 min 57 sec Video clip Ephesus Part III with Mozart – Allegro From Divertimento in Dmaj music,
2 min 35 sec Video clip Ephesus Part IV with Mozart – Andante from Piano Concerto No.2 in F Major “Elvira Madigan” music,
3 min 09 sec Video clip Ephesus Slide-show Part I with D’Angelo – Autumn Romance music,
2 min 47 sec Video clip Ephesus Slide-show Part II with J/Bach – Canon in Cmaj music,
4 min 19 sec Video clip Ephesus Slide-show Part III with Antonio Vivaldi – Concerto for piccolo in C maj music,
1 min 12 sec Video clip Ephesus's goats with Nalan – Cayir-Cayir Turkish pop music.

Completed pages out of my trip to Turkey in April-May of 2008:

• Last visit to Ephesus: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 10, 2009

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Sergey, very interesting page with fabulous photos of this ancient Turkish town. I especially like your comments about the "Made in Austria" renovations. Have a lovely weekend.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Amazing how much is still left of Ephesus, despite the earthquake you mentioned. Oh and your music...Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi and Turkish music, so perfect for this magic place (how much did I miss to listen and watch!!)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2009 at 3:39 AM

I guess I'm an "old stones lover" as I love this page on Ephesus esp. Celsus Library, Temple of Hadrian and Curetes Street. And a 44,000 seat theater - wow!

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Turkey is a paradise for old stones lovers! Your pages are incredibly rich Sergey, and I really walked in the ruins with you, but . . what is the link between the latrines and brothel? Do you mean St Paul wrote his Epistle to Ephesians to a sinner’s city?

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 9:52 PM

LOL..this is really an interesting public toilet! Maybe there was a wooden seprating wall before (?) ...but the Celsus Library looks awesome. The pictures remind me of Greece...

• mirchica's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM

wow - this theater must be worth to be seen. We have the same in Plovdiv but it's only for 7000 seats,but still working :) You have a great page,I plan to go to Kusadasi,so I'll definitely visit Ephesus and some others. Thanks :)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Hello, Sergey, you've visited and described so many historical places here! THANX!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Excellent new page, Sergey. Thanks for the invite/tip on your homepage. I'd be honored to have you visit my new Indian stuff. (India,Delhi,Jaipur,Sawai Madhopur,Bharatpur and Agra) My first trip there, it was great.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Sergey, your photos of the streets and ruins of Ephesus are spectacular!! So sharp and with amazingly bright colours - almost as if I were there myself! Thanks for the great historical information too.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Wonderful page!!! I love to discover ancient town!!! You are right: Jerash is very similar to Ephesus. Both of them are amazing!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Ephesus

Have you been to Ephesus?

Latest Activity in Ephesus