"Goreme Open-Air Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Goreme by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Goreme Travel Guide: 512 reviews and 1,590 photos

Goreme Muzesi or Goreme Open Air Museum is the largest and most visited sight in Cappadocia. The Göreme National Park (Göreme Milli Parklar in Turkish) was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1985.
You may see my 47 high resolutin photos of Goreme in my Slide-show Goreme out of my Webshot page.

You may watch my 1 min 37 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme Valley by bus with Turkish pop music by Kaan – Oynayalim out of my Youtube channel ,or
1 min 58 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme-Zelve road with popular Turkish music by Sertap Erener – Kumsalda out of my Youtube channel.
2 min 26 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme panorama and Chapel of St. Basil Part I with Christos Anesti Orthodox church music,or
2 min 22 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme Elmali Kilise and Barbara Kilise Part II with Mount Athos Orthdox church music, or
2 min 36 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme Karanlik Kilise Part III with Greek Orthodox music, or
1 min 31 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme Part IV with Turkish music, or
1 min 08 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme Onix Jewellery with Turkish pop music by Yonka Evcimik – Sallayarim Dunyayi, or
4 min 25 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme Ceramic Workshop with Turkish pop music by Hakan Peker – Zaten Sen, or
2 min 25 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme Ceramics Shop with Turkish pop music by Celik – Cic Kiz.

Completed pages out of my trip to Turkey in April-May of 2008:

• Last visit to Goreme: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 10, 2009

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Sergey, fabulous page with brilliant photos of Goreme and Cappadocia. I can imagine you taking videos of every bits and pieces on the way through this lovely landscape.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
      Mar 1, 2014 at 2:50 AM

Thank you, Holger! Yes, you've caught very well my desire to take video about almost every landscape I saw in Goreme!

• Oct 13, 2010 at 7:37 AM

The balloon ride was a highlight of our time in Cappadocia. Reputable companies refuse to fly in bad weather and refund their clients. It's up to the client to do their homework. Our flight was absolutely fabulous.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 4:52 AM

I am always stunned by your great pages. Thanks for all the info, I cannot wait to experience all of this myself next month! ;-)

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Beautiful pages Sergey! Goreme looks fascinating. I'm surprised that the balloons took off in that weather!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Fascinating churches these are! Ahh, waking up with Turkish music and your Goreme is wonderful :-)) This all looks like fairy tale land :-) And oh my, you were indeed lucky for having not booked the balloon ride!

• Nov 24, 2008 at 6:11 AM

I like a lot the picture of Goreme - Church with Sandals. Another excellent website of you Sergey.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2008 at 1:41 AM

It's been a dream of mine for many years to visit the churches of Cappadocia - virtual tours like yours will have to do for a while yet! Thanks Sergey. leyle

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Looks like an interesting part of the plane. Wouldn't mind trying a balloon ride :), although not in rain & snow.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Yes, the balloon rides are ideal only with good weather. I didnt have problem waking up early because then I had all day for my explore. Even, the daily tours start after 9:30, All the travel agents and the balloon companies cooperate :))

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2008 at 3:29 AM

Loved the panoramic view of the Goreme Valley and the Church built into the Rock. Were any of the rock restaurants called "Hard Rock"? hehe!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Goreme