"Konya - city of Mevlana and Hadja Nasreddin" Top 5 Page for this destination Konya by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Konya Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 601 photos

Konya is a large city on the central plateau of Anatolia. Now it has population about 1,5 million. Konya historically is also known as Ikonion (Greek) and Iconium (Latin). Most famous persons who lived there were Mevlana and Hadja Nasreddin. You can see my 25 high resolution photos about Konya Turkey Konya out of my Webshot page.

You can watch my 3 min 11 sec Video clip Konya Slide-show with Turkish pop music by Petek Dincoz – Catilmis Kaslarinla,
1 min 52 sec Video clip Konya Mevlana Museum with Turkish music,
3 min 29 sec Video clip Konya out of a bus window with Turkish folk music by Bedia Akarturk - Konyalim,
1 min 37 sec Video clip Konya Caravansary Slide-show with Turkish pop music by Hakan Peker – Al Bani Yar,
2 min 59 sec Video clip Konya Caravansary with Turkish pop music by Demet Akalin - Unuttum - ,
2 min 17 sec Video clip Konya with Turkish folk music by Hatice – Konyalim.

Completed pages out of my trip to Turkey in April-May of 2008:

• Last visit to Konya: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 10, 2009

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

A good, informative page on Konya! I didn't make it here, but if I ever return, it will be on my visit list!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2009 at 9:35 AM

~ Hello, Sergey! Your stories and pictures (including external) are amazing! THANX!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Sergey, fantastic page about this Turkish gem and the info about turkish Kangal dogs. I still haven't been to Turkey, but now at least twice to Russia. :-)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM

Your pages are just amazing. They really make me look forward to my trip. Hope I am going to enjoy it as much as reading your pages ;-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM

This turquoise mosque looks fascinating!! Haha, I know Nasreddin from Uzbekistan :-)) Back again and now I know what I have missed! Much better when I can watch and listen to your videos :-))

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Amazing places you went to in Konya - the caravansary looks exciting and I also want to see the Green Mosque...there's really so much to see in Turkey! I saw a SEMA dance in Egypt I think..I have to book a vacation one day..Norman :)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 1:15 PM

A very informative page. Interesting tip about the cost of apartments! Yes, let us move to Turkey! The Turkish dog does not look so friendly, almost growling, isn't it ?

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2008 at 6:15 AM

Interesting to read about the caravansaries in Anatolia. When we read about caravans, we usually don't think about what facilities they might have had for spending the nights. And those nearby apartment buildings that only cost 1/10 of the Moscow level!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2008 at 8:20 AM

most interesting page, nice photos. mosque architecture is fascinating, and the interiors are striking as well. had we time, i would have wanted to visit konya for its religious heritage but we had only 10 days in turkey. thanks for sharing. n.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2008 at 10:43 AM

I'm glad you found a 4-legged friend on your travels. Never been to Konya but heard about it. They must have trams there too. Great sights!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Konya