"Homeric Troy?" Top 5 Page for this destination Troy by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Troy Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 377 photos

You will see this giant map of Troia with the hearty welcome just after you leave your car or a bus. Troy as a legendary city and centre of the Trojan War attracts a lot of tourists from all over the world. It was one of the main attractions in my rout across Turkey and I was happy to see it with my own eyes.

Now it is the name of an archaeological site, the traditional location of Homeric Troy, at the Hisarlik Hill, close to the seacoast.
Today there is a Turkish town called Truva in the vicinity of the archaeological site, but this town has grown up recently to service the tourist trade.
The archaeological site is officially called Troia by the Turkish government and appears as such on many maps.

You can watch my 1 min 51 sec HD Video Troy Museum HD out of my Youtube channel with music by Vangelis,
3 min 47 sec HD Video Troy HD out of my Youtube channel with music by Vangelis - Mythodea,
2 min 40 sec HQ Video Troy slide show part I out of my Youtube channel with music by Vangelis,
2 min 35 sec HQ Video Troy slide show part II out of my Youtube channel with music by Vangelis,
2 min 13 sec HQ Video Troy slide show part III out of my Youtube channel with music from Troy trailer,
1 min 54 sec HQ Video Troy slide show part IV out of my Youtube channel with music by Vangelis – Song of Seas.

Completed pages out of my trip to Turkey in April-May of 2008:

• Last visit to Troy: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 11, 2009

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2011 at 7:12 PM

hI Sergey!Had really wanted to visit here...the tour leader of a huge tour group I was with decided we didnt have time..so we missed this place and got to our hotel to sit around for a few hours...very sad! great to see your page and photos - I can see I'd love it there, so will have another try one day (been to Agamemnons palace and stayed in hotel that Schlieman lived in in Greece)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Sergey, another interesting page about your trip through Turkey. Fabulous commentaries and brilliant photos. Of course I like the sleepy Trojan dog the most. ;-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Fascinating morning read, watching and listening :-)) No matter where the original Troia site is, I loved to read again all about it! Thanks for the reading list and THANKS for showing me more of Vangelis music I didn't know before (Mythodea) :-)))

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I found it most fascinating about Priam's Treasure and the stories behind it.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM

A beautiful piece of history! I feel the Trojan horse is the best known weapon ever used any war but I am afraid this copy would not have fooled anybody, haha! There is as much controversy in France for the site of Alesia, where Cesar won Vercingetorix!

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2009 at 1:58 PM

An interesting insight on Troy Sergey, but allow me not to agree (not at all !!!!) with all these new chronology stories and the location of Troy. Whatever, Troy deserves to be visited and you gave more reasons to visit it! Merci Sergey.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Whatever it's real history - the landscape and ruins of your Troy page look like a beautiful place to spend some time exploring history! Very interesting tips too on Schliemann and the spat between Germany and Russia over the treasure!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I've also been to Troy. Whether it is the real place or not, doesn't really matter. It's good fun to see such a big wooden horse. In my time one wasn't able to climb it. BTW, I love that apple tea.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Even if I have made two long trips in Turkey I have never been to Troy. Thank you for the virtual tour Sergey!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Troy is fascinating, isn't it Sergey? Is this really the right place and if so, which level (and when)? Did Schlieman destroy the vital clues? You've convinced me I'll have to go and arrange my own dig! :))

Kuznetsov_Sergey Visits Here Frequently!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Troy