"Petra - a highlight of Jordan" Top 5 Page for this destination Petra by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Petra Travel Guide: 1,018 reviews and 2,646 photos
Petra is a historic and archaeological city famous with its canyon and rock cut architecture. It dates back to the 6th century BC as the capital city of the Nabataeans. Now it is a symbol of Jordan as well as its most visited tourism attraction.
It lies on the slope of Mount Hor in a basin among the mountains which form the eastern flank of Arabah (Wadi Araba), the large valley running from the Dead Sea to the Gulf of Aqaba.
Petra is an UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985.
The site remained unknown to the Western world until 1812, when it was introduced by Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burckhardt.
Petra was chosen by the BBC as one of "the 40 places you have to see before you die".
You can watch my
5 min 02 sec HD Video Jordan Aqaba-Petra part 3 ,
3 min 17 sec HD Video Jordan Petra part 1 Horse ride ,
3 min 39 sec HD Video Jordan Petra part 2 ,
3 min 32 sec HD Video Jordan Petra part 3 Siq ,
3 min 53 sec HD Video Jordan Petra part 4 Treasury ,
3 min 34 sec HD Video Jordan Petra part 5 Facades street ,
2 min 35 sec HD Video Jordan Petra part 6 ,
5 min 39 sec HD Video Jordan Petra part 7 ,
4 min 33 sec HD Video Jordan Petra part 8
out of my Youtube channel.
Completed and coming next VT pages out of my trip to Israel in April of 2009: Israel-Palestine-Jordan:
3) Jerusalem District,
4) Tel Aviv-Yafa,
7) Lake Tiberias,
9) Haifa District,
10) 'En Boqeq,
This restaurant in Wadi Musa consists of a large and airy room with long tables just right for big groups, although... more travel advice
King’s Highway is a most ancient route in Jordan. The King's Highway winds its way from Amman to Aqaba via Petra. First... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Petra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petra : the city of the caravans"
- "Petra: a wonderful town"
- "A love story with Petra"
- "The Nabataean City"
- "Petra - a highlight of Jordan"
- "Just one (almost) perfect day.........."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petra
- Hotels in Petra
- Transportation in Petra
- Nightlife in Petra
- Restaurants in Petra
- Shopping in Petra
- Warnings and Dangers in Petra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petra
- 25 Reviews
- 133 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (216)
Have you been to Petra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petra
- Commented on one of davidjo's Petra travel pages
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- updated a Petra Travel Page "Petra - a highlight of Jordan"
- Uploaded a Video to Petra
- Uploaded a Photo to "Petra - a highlight of Jordan"
- Wrote a Review Middle Eastern food about Doshara in Petra Restaurants
Videos in PetraSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues