"Moscow-Metz" Top 5 Page for this destination Metz by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Metz Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 599 photos
The French frontier city Metz is located on Moselle river. It is the large center of the Department of Moselle and the capital of the province of Lorraine. The city has the rich history - about two thousand years. It is very green city with set of parks and squares.
The bell tower, pulled down in the 16th century, was rebuilt in 1887.
You can watch my 1 min 01 sec Video Dijon-Metz
and my 2 min 40 sec Video Metz out of my Youtube channel.
Metz is located near to the three borders: Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium, it easy to submit up Paris - only 300 km. Its streets are very good for slow walks. The city stands on Moselle river and is crowded by channels. Therefore the first, that is evident - a citadel with the German gate. The Tamplier's chapel of the XIII century towers in the same place. The gloomy German architecture contrasts with habitual French - St. Etienne Cathedral, Church Sen Pierre and others.
The Museums "La Cour d'Or" reflect perfectly well the wealthy historical patrimony of Metz. From the Roman time to the Renaissance, from the roman baths to the famous storage facility of Chèvremont (15th century), the Museums shelter surprising treasures like the painted gothic wooden ceilings (13th century), the Chancel of Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains - a stone balustrade considered as one of the most important stone-works of early Middle-Age in France.
My pages about France:
19) Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur,
26) Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue,
When in France in 1995 I spent 8 nights in Premier Class hotels (two of them in Metz). In my opinion it's the cheapest... more travel advice
Amusing beds with flowers all over Metz... Thanks Jean-Louis (JLBG) I've learnt what does this figure mean. “Amuzing... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Metz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "M E T Z"
- "Opera and Theater in Metz"
- "Metz: One of the Crossroads of History"
- "Honey-coloured stone, river and Romans........"
- "bmiller39's new Verdun Page"
- "A pearl of Lorraine - Metz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Metz
- Hotels in Metz
- Transportation in Metz
- Nightlife in Metz
- Restaurants in Metz
- Shopping in Metz
- Warnings and Dangers in Metz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Metz
- 11 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Metz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Metz
Photos in MetzSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 41 reviews, 333 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue