Paris Off The Beaten Path Tips by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Paris Off The Beaten Path: 1,887 reviews and 3,722 photos
Montmartre is a hill in the north of Paris.
It is 130 metres high and gives its name to the surrounding district, in the 18th arrondissement, a part of the Right Bank. Montmartre is primarily known for the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré Cœur on its summit and as a nightclub district.
The other, older, church on the hill is Saint Pierre de Montmartre, which claims to be the location at which the Jesuit order of priests was founded. Many artists had studios or worked around the community of Montmartre such as Salvador Dalí, Amedeo Modigliani, Claude Monet, Piet Mondrian, Pablo Picasso and Vincent van Gogh.
Montmartre is also the setting for several hit films. This site is served by metro line 2 stations of Anvers, Pigalle and Blanche and the line 12 stations of Pigalle, Abbesses, Lamarck - Caulaincourt and Jules Joffrin.
You can watch my 1 min 01 sec Video Paris Monmartre out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
The Musée de l'Armée (Army Museum) is a national military museum of France located at Les Invalides in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It is served by Paris Métro stations Invalides, Varenne, and La Tour-Maubourg.
Originally built as a hospital and home for disabled soldiers by Louis XIV, Les Invalides now also houses the Tomb of Napoléon and a military museum as well as the Musée des Plans-Reliefs . The museum's collections cover the time period from antiquity until the 20th century.
Military attributes of various times from Francisk the First up to Napoleon the Third are presented there.
129 Rue de Grenelle Paris
Phone: 01 44 42 38 77
Aphrodite of Melos
I (and you) may refresh our memory about Paris and Louvre even without leaving Moscow. We should go to the Main Building of the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts and see Artemis, the so Called Diana (Plaster cast), Nike of Samophrakia (Plaster cast) and Aphrodite of Melos (Plaster cast). Every time I visited this museum since my childhood I admired by these masterpieces… Never knew that I would be able to watch the originals in Louvre.
12 Volkhonka St., Moscow
(tel.: +7 495 609-95-20, +7 495 697-95-78, +7 495 697-74-12),
Metro station: "Kropotkinskaya".
Ticket price for foreign visitors 400 rubles (10 euro) for adults,
200 rubles for schoolchildren, students and pensioners.
Attention! Ticket prices for exhibitions might differ from those for permanent collections.
Visitors are offered audio guides in Russian, English, German, French and Italian.
Many exciting tours are on offer!
Open daily from 10 am to 7 pm
Thursdays from 10 am to 9 pm
Phone: +7 (495) 609-95-20,
Paris - Père Lachaise - Wall of communars
Père Lachaise cemetery is well-known for a burial place of communars. We came there in memory of fighters for social justice.
The cemetries of Paris absorbed all they could. The victims, placed side by side, without any other covering than their clothes, filled enormous ditches at the Père Lachaise, Montmartre, Mont-Parnasse, where the people in pious rememberance will annually come as pilgrims.
You can watch my 3 min 04 sec Video Paris Père Lachaise out of my Youtube channel.
Paris - Defans
Frenchmen as usually surprise all the world with the original understanding of architectural decisions. First all the world was surprised with singularity of Tour d'Eiffel, including its ugly impregnation in a landscape of Paris. Later the world was surprised with ugliness of the center of Pompidou. Precisely also it seems surprisingly inharmonious the decision of construction of area Defens with its skyscrapers. Perhaps, after a while we shall get used and we shall admire with its beauty?
You can watch my 2 min 27 sec Video Paris La Défense out of my Youtube channel.
Paris - Luxembourg palace and garden
The Luxembourg palace was constructed by Maria Medici after death of her husband Henry the Fourth. She could not get used to an atmosphere of the Louvre and replaced it with an atmosphere of native Florence which she recreated in a palace and in a garden.
You can watch my 5 min 09 sec Video Paris Jardin du Luxembourg out of my Youtube channel.
More Reviews (50)
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
- Catazajá Hotels
- Fairfax Hotels
- Yoho National Park
- Hamrun Hotels
- Mountain Home
- Puncak Hotels
- Estes Park Off The Beaten Path
- Santiago Off The Beaten Path
- Amritsar Off The Beaten Path
- Kassel Off The Beaten Path
- C &O Canal / Potomac River
- Mumbai Off The Beaten Path
- Unique / Unusual / One-Of-A-Kind
- Champagne-Ardenne Off The Beaten Path
- bosphorus boat trip
- Province of Camiguin Off The Beaten Path
- Bournemouth Off The Beaten Path
- Kalkan Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 56 Reviews
- 238 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Paris travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cathedrale de Notre-Dame de Paris - Inside"
- updated a Paris Travel Page "To see Paris and die!"
- Wrote a Review Monmartre about Montmartre & Sacré Coeur in Paris Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Video to Paris
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (238)
Videos in ParisSee All Videos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (76)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Hotel Raphael
- 164 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Sunterra Royal Regency
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Premier Derby Alma
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Fertel Maillot
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Hotel de Beaune
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2012
- Acacias Etoile Hotel
- 282 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel de la Place des Vosges
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle
- 815 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Residence Des Arts Hotel
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Ibis Paris Montmartre St Lazar
- 477 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Auberge de Jeunesse D'Artagnan
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Kyriad Paris X Canal Saint Martin Republique
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 9, 2013
- Hotel Princesse Caroline
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Kyriad Paris Bercy Expo
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Odessa Montparnasse
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 578 Reviews, 1022 Photos
- Eiffel Tower- 812 Reviews, 1417 Photos
- Louvre- 780 Reviews, 1536 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 639 Reviews, 1292 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 432 Reviews, 741 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 268 Reviews, 537 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 81 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Champs Elysées- 174 Reviews, 287 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 144 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Disneyland Paris- 110 Reviews, 163 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do