"From Moscow to Wurzburg" Würzburg by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Würzburg Travel Guide: 390 reviews and 1,307 photos
Würzburg is the capital of a baroque on Main. Würzburg - is a very ancient settlement, with two-thousand-year history. The reason is - the geographical position of Würzburg - on coast of the river Main, one coast flat, there was convenient to moor to the ships, and anothercoast - abrupt. From immemorial time there was a fortress. German emperor Fridrih Barbarossa stopped in Würzburg many times. Würzburg was the capital of duchy Franconia and the residence of bishops and dukes of Franconia. Würzburg is obliged by that belongs to a world cultural heritage of UNESCO: in XVIII century the city got the baroque shape, in XVIII century the palace of bishops Rezidenz was constructed. It is ranking Versailles and Shonbrunn.
You can watch my
1 min 28 sec Video Dettelbach-Wurzburg by Lada out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
5 min 49 sec Video Würzburg Residenz out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
2 min 55 sec Video Würzburg Walking along the city out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
5 min 16 sec Video Würzburg Marienberg out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
My completed and coming next pages about Bavaria:
4) Berg am Starnbergersee,
24) Prien am Chiemsee,
26) Rothenburg ob der Tauber,
27) Schloss Neuschwanstein,
28) Schloss Herrenchiemsee,
29) Schloss Hohenschwangau,
30) Schloss Linderhof,
You will find this church on the way from the Residence to Marienberg. In 1582 when the University of Würzburg was... more travel advice
Marienberg, the hill to the west of the town centre, overlooking the whole town area as well as the surrounding hills... more travel advice
Written May 9, 2016
Moscow-Wurzburg (part I)
Written May 9, 2016
Me and Irina in Wurzburg
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Würzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Würzburg: the home of Tiepolo's masterpieces"
- "Würzburg: Bishops, Professors and Bocksbeutel"
- "Wurzburg - Historic Town On The Main River"
- "Opera and cycling in Würzburg"
- "Wurzburg and it's magnificent Residence"
- "The Head of the Romantique Strasse"
- "Wuerzburg for wine........"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Würzburg
- Hotels in Würzburg
- Transportation in Würzburg
- Nightlife in Würzburg
- Restaurants in Würzburg
- Shopping in Würzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Würzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Würzburg
- 8 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (215)
Have you been to Würzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Würzburg
- updated a Würzburg Travel Page "From Moscow to Wurzburg"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Panorama of Wurzburg from Marienberg"
- Wrote a Review Neubaukirche in Würzburg Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Würzburg
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Commented on one of Cristian_Uluru's Würzburg travel pages
Videos in WürzburgSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues