Tours Things to Do Tips by Kuznetsov_Sergey Top 5 Page for this destination
Tours Things to Do: 98 reviews and 136 photos
Tours - St Martin
Amateurs of the architecture of the end of the XIX century cannot pass by the extravagant pseudo-Byzantian basils.
Sacred Martin's relics is based in a crypt. A legend tells us that he was a soldier of the Roman army who went in christianity when met a beggar in Amiens.
You can watch my 3 min 15 sec Video Tours out of my Youtube channel.
The medieval district of the old town is well restored. Small Place Plumereau is surrounded by ensemble of fahverque houses of the XV century.
Walking through labyrinthes of narrow streets gives a really great pleasure. The fahverque house Tour Charlemagne is the most remarkable in the city centre.
Toirs - Loire
Loire - the river of the French kings.
The history of France was managed on coasts of this small but very important river. Earlier it was navigable within all the year. Now its channel is essentially narrowed. I did not see any big ship during the travel.
The quay had rather thrown and neglected appearance. Walk on the quay had not delivered me a great pleasure.
Tours - Old Town - Plumroe Square
Picturesque Place Plumerau and Place du Grand Marche are the center of the Old town.
Walking along the old city is rather pleasant.
It is possible to find there a cosy cafe and to drink a cup of coffee, enjoying an atmosphere of the medieval city.
Tours - Roman's ruins
Tours is known since times of Juli Caesar. They say that we can watch Roman's ruins in the city though I'm very doubt of its origin...
Tours - Chateau de Tours
In Chateau de Tours duke de Gees was in an imprisonment in 1588-1591. The castle was constructed in the XII century by Henry II.
Aquarium Tropical and a wax museum are situated in the castle now.
Directions: There are three towers - Giza, Charles and Hour-Tower.
Tours - Sacred Marten tomb
There is a Sacred Martin tomb in the Basilique, in which the sacred Martin - the defender of francs was buried.
In November his relics - a fragment of a skull - is usually shown on public.
Tours - Cathedrale St-Gatien
The cathedral was under construction during several centuries. In the XVI century the western facade and two towers in height of 70 meters were completed.
The nave was constructed in the XV century. Having entered into a cathedral, the visitor moves ahead in depth of centuries. Stained-glass windows are kept in an interior.
More Reviews (5)
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Tours Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TOURING TOURS"
- "Moscow - Tours"
- "Sharrie's Tours Light"
- "Pierre_Rouss's Tours and Loire region Page"
- "Rachel Suns Tour of France Page"
- "What a wonderful city!"
- "In and Around Tours"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tours
- Hotels in Tours
- Transportation in Tours
- Nightlife in Tours
- Restaurants in Tours
- Shopping in Tours
- Warnings and Dangers in Tours
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tours
- 13 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Tours?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tours
Photos in ToursSee All Photos (33)
Videos in ToursSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Tours hotel reviews
- Hotel Regina
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Tours
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Holiday Inn Tours City Centre
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- Val de Loire Hotel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Ibis Tours Centre
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Hotel de L'Europe
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Etap Hotel Tours Centre
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Hotel de l'Univers
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 28, 2013
- Relais Saint Eloi
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 21, 2013
- Hotel Balladins Tours Nord Confort
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 4, 2013
- Mercure Tours Nord
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013