"Moscow - Tours" Top 5 Page for this destination Tours by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Tours Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 618 photos

Tours is known since times of Juli Caesar. It served as a temporary residence of french kings: Charles VII, Lui XI, Francisk I. Now it is the main city of Turen.

Picturesque Place Plumereau is the center of the old city. St Gatien Cathedrale was constructed in the XIII-th century. Church Notre Dam la Rish. St Martin's Basilique, in which the sacred Marten - the defender of francs was buried. Three towers - Giza, Charles and Hour are worth watching.

I felt, that I was a little tired during my journey in Tour. It was for the first time during this long journey along France. Therefore, having examined all the sights listed in the guidebook, I retired at a coast of Loire under the bridge.

I began to observe quickly running waters and a sunset. It was required to digest numerous impressions, but there were even more half of a trip ahead!

You can watch my
3 min 15 sec Video Tours and 2 min 40 sec Video Aquarium of Touraine out of my Youtube channel or
here on VT Video Tours and 2 min 40 sec Video Aquarium of Touraine

• Last visit to Tours: Aug 1995
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2012

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Hello, Sergey! I see it's a nice place to visit....

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2008 at 9:55 PM

I would not visit several castles in a row! Several can be too much! Besides fresh-water aquarium, Tours has excellent wines! Swallowing fire is not a local custom but has been an usual (though not frequent) show on traditional local fairs in France.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2008 at 5:05 AM

Lovely page on picturesque Tours.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2007 at 11:40 AM

I have never been to Loire valley yet. But I can imagine that one can get castled out...

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Interesting tip on the biggest in Europe aquarium of fresh-water fish. Beautiful pictures, I like Chateau de Tours and Charlemagne.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 12:24 PM

Loved the Aquarium photos in travelogue! Another appealing group of pages. I appreciate your articulate, attentive attention to history, architecture and other details which make your tips so worthwhile.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 10:12 AM

Hmmm, even though I am not too much a fan of France, I would like to visit some places sooner or later ...Tours might be among them.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2006 at 7:13 AM

I visited Tours many years ago. I would have liked to have visited the aquarium, but it probably didn't exist back then.

• Apr 12, 2006 at 11:12 PM

beautiful architecture. aquarium views are nice as well

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Tours