"Our third Ludwig's Castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Schloß Linderhof by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Schloß Linderhof Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 336 photos
In 2004 we visited Herrenchiemsee, Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein Castles. So in 2005 we couldn't pass Linderhof. It is one among the three most interesting Castles of Bavarian king Ludwig II. And it?s the only one which was finished when the king was still alive.
Linderhof castle is much younger than previous castles and, therefore, its architecture mixed just two styles: Renaissance and Baroque.
This luxurious piece of architecture in rococo style is an imitation of Louis XIY palaces. There are different pavilions in the park, as well as a man-made ?Blue Grotto? erected by Ludwig II for performing plays set to music of his favorite composer and friend Otto Wagner.
You can watch my
2 min 42 sec Video Koenigsbrunn-Linderhof by Lada out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
1 min 41 sec Video Asslan and Pilar in Linderhof out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
4 min 43 sec Video Schloß Linderhof out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
3 min 55 sec Video Lindrhof-Hohenschwangau by Lada out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
If you are interested in beautiful Bavarian castles and mysterious Bavarian king Ludwig II I recommend to visit my following pages:
1) Schloss Herrenchiemsee;
3) Hohenschwangau ;
4) Schloss Hohenschwangau;
6) Schloss Linderhof,
7) Berg am Starnbergersee.
My completed and coming next pages about Bavaria:
4) Berg am Starnbergersee,
25) Prien am Chiemsee,
27) Rothenburg ob der Tauber,
28) Schloss Neuschwanstein,
29) Schloss Herrenchiemsee,
30) Schloss Hohenschwangau,
31) Schloss Linderhof,
We visited Linderhof on the way to Ulm where the Main German shepherd Show was held in 2005. That's why our dogs Asslan... more travel advice
As the decoration of their fantasy castles testifies, the nineteenth-century Bavarian kings Maximilian II and his son... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Schloß Linderhof Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our third Ludwig's Castle"
- "Another palace of "mad" King Ludwig II"
- "Call it "Bomboniera""
- "The home of a solitary king"
- "Just missed a great Castle here!"
- "GOLD AND MORE GOLD - SCHLOSS LINDERHOF"
- "Schloss Linderhof"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloß Linderhof
- Transportation in Schloß Linderhof
- Restaurants in Schloß Linderhof
- Shopping in Schloß Linderhof
- Warnings and Dangers in Schloß Linderhof
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloß Linderhof
- 22 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (215)
Have you been to Schloß Linderhof?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloß Linderhof
- updated a Schloß Linderhof Travel Page "Our third Ludwig's Castle"
- Wrote a Review Asslan and Pilar in Linderhof in Schloß Linderhof Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Asslan and Pilar in Linderhof"
- Uploaded a Video to Schloß Linderhof
- Commented on one of BruceDunning's Schloß Linderhof travel pages
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
Photos in Schloß LinderhofSee All Photos (98)
Videos in Schloß LinderhofSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues