"Augsburg- one of the oldest German cities" Top 5 Page for this destination Augsburg by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Augsburg Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 583 photos
We visited Augsburg two times - in 2005 and 2010. Augsburg is the capital of SV - German Shaeferhunde Verein.
My wife Irina dreamed to visit Headquarters of SV as she is a member of this organisation from 1999.
Only a few of Russian German shepherds visited SV.
But Asslan and Pilar have been there!
We were on our way to World German Shepherds Dog Show SV BSZ-2005: SV-BundesSiegerZuchtschau. Ulm, 2. - 4. September 2005. And for the second time on a way to SV BSZ-2010: SV-BundesSiegerZuchtschau. Nuremberg, September 2010.
You can watch my 1 min 10 sec Video Augsburg Rathaus Platz out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
Augsburg is one of the oldest city in Germany.
The history of the city has more than two thousand. It began with the Roman military camp of emperor of August located there (15 year before Christmas), by whose name also has been named: Augsburg - "City of August" (Augustus Burg - Augsburg). The successful site of the city - on crossing of trading ways - that was the main reason that in the Middle Ages Augsburg achieved tops of its prosperity. Visitings of Emperors and members of Imperial Parliament became the ordinary phenomenon that time.
The free imperial city achieved the blossoming in XV and XVI centuries due to foreign trade and bank operation of families Fugger and Welser.
During epoch of Renaissance the city became the center of architecture, music and art. (Later Munich intercepted a palm tree of superiority). Today Augsburg is the third on size city of Bavaria (after Munich and Nurenberg).
My completed and coming next pages about Bavaria:
4) Berg am Starnbergersee,
25) Prien am Chiemsee,
27) Rothenburg ob der Tauber,
28) Schloss Neuschwanstein,
29) Schloss Herrenchiemsee,
30) Schloss Hohenschwangau,
31) Schloss Linderhof,
There are two churches, both named Ulrich and Afra. One is Roman Catholic, the other Lutheran-the duality is a result of... more travel advice
The most known view of Augsburg which always you can see in guidebooks is the view at the Hall Town square... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Augsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The city of the Fuggers, Mozart and Brecht"
- "Opera in Augsburg"
- "Augsburg: Rich And Proud Imperial City"
- "Welcome to AUGSBURG"
- "Augsburg- one of the oldest German cities"
- "City of Fountains."
- "WELCOME TO MY AUGSBURG PAGE......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Augsburg
- Hotels in Augsburg
- Transportation in Augsburg
- Nightlife in Augsburg
- Restaurants in Augsburg
- Shopping in Augsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Augsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Augsburg
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (216)
Have you been to Augsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Augsburg
- updated a Augsburg Travel Page "Augsburg- one of the oldest German cities"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Augsburg- one of the oldest German cities"
- Uploaded a Video to Augsburg
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Commented on one of Kathrin_E's Augsburg travel pages
- Wrote a Review St.Ulrich & Afra in Augsburg Things to Do
Photos in AugsburgSee All Photos (28)
Videos in AugsburgSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues