"Turkmenistan one of the few tolitary states!" Top 5 Page for this destination Turkmenistan by Tobias_Plieninger
Turkmenistan Travel Guide: 200 reviews and 607 photos
Turkmenistan was the last of the soviet republic I visited.
I have only been 3 days in this country.
It was the second country I was glad to leave.
The situation there is very strange.
The country has many gas and oil resources!
But the only person who profits from this is the dictator!
Everywhere you go you will be watched by police officers.
Many people try to cheat you because you are foreigner.
Most of the country is dessert.
A ride through the dessert will be interesting.
Traveling through Turkmenistan will be a big adventure.
Be aware of the negative things.
But going through difficult situations makes you stronger!
Formal Name: Turkmenistan
Local Name: Turkmenistan
Local Formal Name: Turkmenostan Respublikasy
United Nations CIS
Status: UN Country
Capital City: Ashkhabad
Area: 488,000 km2
Currency: 1 manat
Languages: Turkmen, Russian, Uzbek
Religions: Sunni Muslim
The country is approximately 488,100 square kilometers. 90% of the country is covered by the Karakum Desert. The center of country is dominated by Turan Depression and the Karakum Desert which are mostly flatlands. The Kopet Dag Range, along the southwestern border, reaches 2,912 meters. The Balkan Mountains in the far west and the Kugitang Range in the far east are the only other appreciable elevations. Rivers include the Amu Darya and Hari Rud.
The climate is subtropical desert, with little rainfall. Winters are mild and dry, with most precipitation falling between January and May. Heaviest precipitation is in the Kopetdag Range.
Other cities include: Turkmenbashi (formerly Krasnovodsk) and Dashoguz.
- Pros:Interesting places, good adventure!
- Cons:Many people try to cheat you!
- In a nutshell:Turkmenistan is a big adventure! Be prepared for it!
If you go to the bank you will get a fixed rate 1 USD = 8000 On the black market you will get much more. I got 25 000... more travel advice
Tobias_Plieninger's Related Pages
Turkmenistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkmenistan: ruins, desert and a mad dictator"
- "Turkmenistan a Magic Carpet ride"
- "I Like This 'Stan'"
- "Turkmenistan one of the few tolitary states!"
- "Turkmenistan - Strange Country...great people!"
- "Turkmenistan: When Worlds Collide!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkmenistan
- Hotels in Turkmenistan
- Transportation in Turkmenistan
- Nightlife in Turkmenistan
- Restaurants in Turkmenistan
- Shopping in Turkmenistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkmenistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkmenistan
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Turkmenistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkmenistan
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- T'bilisi Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- South Africa Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Albania Intro, 21 reviews, 3 photos
- Seychelles Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belarus Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 3 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 13 reviews, 5 photos