"Austria the home of Mozart" Austria by Tobias_Plieninger
Austria Travel Guide: 18,626 reviews and 49,905 photos
Austria is small county in central Europe.
It is connection between the Alps and the lower regions and from the western Europe countries to the former communist satelite states.
The Austrian people are very friendly.
They speak German with thei special akcent.
In Germany some people say that the Austrians are a littel stupid.
But there are much more stupid in Germany than in Austria.
The nature is fascinating: Nice mountains and nice lakes.
In Wintertime it is a paradise of snow for all kind of winter sports.
The major cities have much cultural highlights and attractions.
Often you can combine nature trips with cultural interests.
So there is a large variety for all people.
Formal Name: Republic of Austria
Local Name: Oesterreich
Local Formal Name: Republik Oesterreich
European Union United Nations
Status: UN Country
Capital City: Vienna (Wien)
Main Cities: Graz, Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck
Area: 83,850 km2
Currency: 1 euro = 100 cents
Religions: Roman Catholic, Protestant
Austria is a largely mountainous country due to its location in the Alps. The Central Eastern Alps, Northern Limestone Alps and Southern Limestone Alps are all partly in Austria. Of the total area of Austria (84,000 km²), only about a quarter can be considered low lying, and only 32% of the country is below 500 metres. The high mountainous Alps in the west of Austria flatten somewhat into low lands and plains in the east of the country.
Austria may be divided into 5 different areas. The biggest area are the Austrian Alps, which constitute 62% of Austria's total area. The Austrian foothills at the base of the Alps and the Carpathians account for around 12% of its area. The foothills in the east and areas surrounding the periphery of the Pannoni low country amount to about 12% of the total landmass. The second greater mountain area (much lower than the Alps) is situated in the north. Known as the Austrian granite plateau, it is located in the central area of the Bohemian Mass, and accounts for 10% of Austria. The Austrian portion of the Viennese basin comprises the remaining 4%.
- Pros:Good kitchen, nice mountains and lakes
- Cons:Think positive!
- In a nutshell:Austria nice landscapes and interesting cities
Austria has its own air company austrian airlines. They have connections around the world. If you come from Europe... more travel advice
Do you know the energy red bull. If you like it Austria is a paradise for you. In Austria it is so cheap than no where... more travel advice
- Tourist nap near tourist attractions!
- Good HP about Austria
- No problems at the border
- Mountains in Austria
Tobias_Plieninger's Related Pages
Austria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Austria - Where to go and what to do !"
- "Classy Austria"
- "Paul2001's Austria Page"
- "4 Visits and 1 conclusion... Stunning!!"
- "VT meeting in Pisa"
- "Country of mountains, country of streams..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Austria
- Hotels in Austria
- Transportation in Austria
- Nightlife in Austria
- Restaurants in Austria
- Shopping in Austria
- Warnings and Dangers in Austria
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Austria
- 16 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Austria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Austria
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- T'bilisi Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- South Africa Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Albania Intro, 21 reviews, 3 photos
- Seychelles Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belarus Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 3 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 13 reviews, 5 photos
Top Austria hotels
- Vienna Hotels
- 7174 Reviews - 17491 Photos
- Salzburg Hotels
- 2644 Reviews - 6114 Photos
- Innsbruck Hotels
- 1138 Reviews - 2562 Photos
- Zell am See Hotels
- 112 Reviews - 442 Photos
- Hallstatt Hotels
- 225 Reviews - 719 Photos
- Seefeld Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Graz Hotels
- 555 Reviews - 1445 Photos
- Kufstein Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 80 Photos
- Baden Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 241 Photos
- Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Hotels
- 150 Reviews - 352 Photos
- Laxenburg Hotels
- 1 Review
- Igls Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Kitzbühel Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Ellmau Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 178 Photos
- Parndorf Hotels
- 2 Reviews