"What where how....." Musquy's Profile

Sport

Most of my travel is to the Isle of Man, principally for the motorcycle races; see my IOM page for elaboration.....
However, I would like to visit some of the Irish races, e.g. the NW 200, the Skerries, the Ulster GP, so if anybody has advice or information about the Irish racing scene, including travel and accommodation options and how it compares with the IoM, please feel free to mail me.

History

...and the other reason I go to the Isle of Man is to look at Standing Stones, Cairns, Celtic Crosses, etc. I've found that the Island was part of the Viking Kingdom of the Isles, together with the Hebrides, and I'm also interested in Celtic history, so hope to extend my travels to take in more such sites in the Celtic, seaboard nations - Scotland, Man, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany.
Again, any recommended tour companies who cover such sites, or any recommendations of guidebooks would be appreciated.

Music

My only other regular (ish) travel is to the WOMAD festival in Reading, (A World Music Festival.) I don't make this every year, and if I can combine a festival visit (preferably Blues or World or Folk-based) with one of the above interests, I'm quite prepared to give it a go.

Travelling Elsewhere

I am more widely travelled than the above suggests...However most of that was some time ago, and I'm not a box-ticker, so don't see the point of putting everywhere I've ever been on my homepage map, so....
I have also visited (or lived in, in the case of UK) most of England & Wales, parts of Scotland (hope to do more) Spain, odd bits of Europe (passing through or childhood hols), and have travelled across the USA, spent a month in New York City and wandered into Mexico & Niagara Falls (town and waterfall) on daytrips.

Travellin' light

Oh, I wish I could! Actually, I'm not that bad... I don't drive, so most of my travel depends on Public Transport, since most of the time I travel solo (except the Festivals,when I get a lift.) I'm not averse to camping - used to do it quite a lot - and am quite good at the minimal approach to this. Camping does tend to be a means to an end, though. These days I can afford B&Bs and the budget end of the Hotel range.
I used to motorcycle occasionally. For various reasons connected with the health of both myself and of my bike over the last few years (more inconvenient than permanent) , I haven't ridden for a while. With a little more incentive and time, I'm sure we can both get back on the road...

• Intro Updated Dec 29, 2005

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Musquy's Profile Photo

Musquy

“It's better to arrive than to travel”

Real Name