"Sad history to be learnt" Phnom Penh by mojo1980
Phnom Penh Travel Guide: 1,462 reviews and 3,849 photos
Prior to comin to Cambodia, history of Pol Pot's regime has been heard. But it is a different experience to come see what has been done. S21 and the killing fields would open ones eyes.
The aftermath of the Khmer Rouge regime can be seen along the streets, where the handicapped come begging for money. The experience is so overwhelming and in-your-face.
I feel that one should not purely jus travel to relax and have fun.
Along the way, we should understand the places's history and culture, and along the way, take somethin home to reflect and and learn from.
mojo1980's Related Pages
Phnom Penh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pardon Phnom Penh"
- "A City of Contrasts"
- "Phnom Penh Cambodia"
- "Phnom Penh"
- "Kingdom of Cambodia's Capitol City"
- "Images of Phnom Penh"
- "A stop on the way"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phnom Penh
- Hotels in Phnom Penh
- Transportation in Phnom Penh
- Nightlife in Phnom Penh
- Restaurants in Phnom Penh
- Shopping in Phnom Penh
- Warnings and Dangers in Phnom Penh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phnom Penh
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Phnom Penh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phnom Penh
Photos in Phnom PenhSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xi'an Intro, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.