"Vincennes, IN U.S.A" Top 5 Page for this destination Vincennes by g_i_r_a_f
Vincennes Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 133 photos
The oldest city in Indiana, Vincennes was founded as a French fur trading outpost in 1732. The George Rogers Clark Memorial is the largest monument of its type outside of Washington D.C. Vincennes is home to Fort Sackville, site of the western-most battle of the Revolutionary War.
Visit Grouseland, the home of William Henry Harrison, ninth President of the United States.
There are two Indians carved into the limestone entryway of this bridge. The bridge connects Indiana to Illinois in the city of Vincennes. The bridge is located beside the George Rogers Clark Memorial.
A view of the bridges arcing spans.
- Pros:Peaceful and Quiet
- Cons:Peaceful and Quiet
- In a nutshell:Country living in the city.
A large memorial stands here to commemorate the capture of Fort Sackville by George Rogers Clark and his frontiersmen on... more travel advice
Nine varieties of chicken wings. Sports Bar themed. Locals hangout. Very affordable!!! Also long list of appetizers... more travel advice
g_i_r_a_f's Related Pages
Vincennes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dripping With History"
- "Vincennes, IN U.S.A"
- "HISTORICAL VINCENNES"
- "Indiana's Oldest City"
- "cptcaveman's new Vincennes Page"
- "Vincennes and its attractions"
- "French, English and the American Revolution"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vincennes
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Vincennes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vincennes
Photos in VincennesSee All Photos (6)
Top 5 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vincennes Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Key West 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Sandusky 1 review, 4 photos
Latest Vincennes hotel reviews
- Econo Lodge Vincennes (600 Old Wheatland Rd - Bldg A )
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Comfort Suites Vincennes
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013