Turks and Caicos Islands Transportation Tips by ScubaCat Top 5 Page for this destination
Turks and Caicos Islands Transportation: 12 reviews and 23 photos
Grand Turk Beach
I recently had someone contact me regarding how to get to the different islands in TCI. Salt Cay, Grand Turk, Provo, North & South Caicos...etc. depending on where your staying. I knew there was an airline that traveled from the different islands, but other than contacting the front desk of the hotel for info I didn't know much about it. Thus I went to the magazine I brought home & found out that the name of the Airline is Skyking. You can contact them directly either by phone or internet to make reservations. Their website is full of information & they even travel to the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Bahama's & so much more. I was also able to find out that since the majority of the visitors to TCI end up staying at Provo, they have a special excursion to Grand Turk. This includes airfaire & a tour of the island. After that your on your own to explore & eat at Turks Head Inn.....a highly recommened resturant. You can book this tour for $159.00 and it is an all day event. The schedule is found on the website below. Just to travel to the different islands of TCI or one of the other carribean islands I mentioned you'll have to contact them directly for the price. Skyking is a wonderful way to explore the islands when you want to see it all!
Other Contact: Email King@tciway.tc
Phone: Phone (649) 941- 5464
The Turks & Caico's islands are fairly small and basically undeveloped. Please don't rent a car....the road's are unpaved and bumpy, if you can even call them roads. More like paths to me. Your best best in getting around Provo is to rent a Moped. You can arrange to rent a moped at your hotel's main desk and expect to spend $40.00 per day. But don't freak on the cost. One day's rental will cover the entire island. If you choose to stay on Grand Turk your best form of transportation is by foot. Grand Turk has only 1 city where the hotels and dive shops are all within walking distance. For the more adventurous, you can rent a sailboat & explore some of the cays in the area.
More Reviews (9)
ScubaCat's Related Pages
Turks and Caicos Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Special Islands in My Life"
- "Turks & Caicos - Almost Paradise Found"
- "Turks & Caico's-Carribeans last Tropical Paradise"
- "A Diver's Delight"
- "Pretty Beach, Warm Waters, Turtles,"
- "Provo Isle"
- "Providenciales, Turks & Caicos BWI (Provo)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Hotels in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Transportation in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Nightlife in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Restaurants in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Shopping in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Turks and Caicos Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turks and Caicos Islands
- 11 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Turks and Caicos Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turks and Caicos Islands
- updated a Turks and Caicos Islands Travel Page "Turks & Caico's-Carribeans last Tropical Paradise"
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "RE: RE: Soldier needs some R&R"
- Commented on one of kucha's Turks and Caicos Islands travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Relax on baby soft sand"
- Wrote a Review Relax on baby soft sand in Turks and Caicos Islands Things to Do
Photos in Turks and Caicos IslandsSee All Photos (45)
Top 5 Pages
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turks and Caicos Islands Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos