"Turks & Caico's-Carribeans last Tropical Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Turks and Caicos Islands by ScubaCat

Turks and Caicos Islands Travel Guide: 343 reviews and 1,469 photos

The Islands

Turks & Caico's are made up of several Islands and Cays spanning 230 miles. They are located 575 miles from Miami or a 75 minute plane ride. Most of the islands & cays are unhabited with the Providencials, or commonly known as Provo, being the most populated. The second largest population reside's on Grand Turk with Salt Cay having the least population. Turks & Caico's is known for it's white sandy beach's and has long been known as a diver's dream, long before the general population discovered it. The beauty of Turks and Caico's, both topside and below, is drop dead gorgeous with Grace Bay Beach on the Providencials being one of the best beach's in the Carribean. These islands are a must see and who know's, you might even run into Demi Moore or Bruce Willis.

• Pros:Relatively unspoiled beach's/Magnificant Diving/Pure Relaxation
  • Cons:Not a lot of topside activites
  • In a nutshell:What other chain of Islands can give you both beauty above & below the Ocean?
  • Last visit to Turks and Caicos Islands: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 22, 2006

• seth0919's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Can I ask which tour you went on w/ JB's? Was it the Island Discovery? Also, I think their link is: http://www.jb-tours.com/ Thanks!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Will be visiting here for 1 day in December! Thanks for the info. I loved your story about Wilbert---I would have cried too!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2006 at 12:41 PM

Thanks for the info on T&C, thinking about going there this spring!

• american_tourister's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2006 at 7:44 AM

Excellent job. I am taking my family to Beaches in November.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 9:42 PM

Wonderful page of a paradise. I was smiling broadly when I realised that Willy was a cat not a little boy! Happy birthday from Finland!

• islandjim's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 3:18 AM

Your Turks & Caicos writeup was fine. It was dated january 2006 and the Allegro was demolished in early 2005, maybe even 2004. I dive there often. Enjoy! Jim

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 1:15 AM

Photo of the humpback is now posted. Its not the greatest photo since it was rushed and I was still learning... but it proves I was there.

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 6:54 PM

Great job on the tips here! T&C was one of my territories, I traveled there on biz from '85-'90. I have some amazing stories! Fantastic diving, for sure. I drove around on a moped, w/briefcase. How comical is that visual?!

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 3:56 PM

great pages...when were you there? we had a saying in mexico, you cant swing a iquana without hitting a bar.

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 2:53 AM

Lovely photo's...and a great little story of Wilbert! Happy travels...Blu

ScubaCat

“When the urge hits-just load the tanks & go”

Badges & Stats in Turks and Caicos Islands

Have you been to Turks and Caicos Islands?