"Grand Cayman - Breathtaking!" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman by ScubaCat

Grand Cayman Travel Guide: 444 reviews and 902 photos

I love this place!

Of all the islands or places I have visited thus far, Grand Cayman takes the cake! I absolutely loved this island and GC has been the first island in the Carribean that I have actually stated before I left her shores "I'll be back!" Even post Ivan, GC is extremely beautiful. I can't wait to go back after the foilage has grown back in & construction is completely done, but neither of those factors detoured me from falling in love with this island. From it's gorgeous beaches, incrediable sunrises & sunsets, stately homes, variety of topside activites and fantastic diving, Grand Cayman is a class act and in a category all by herself! Not to mention the pirate theme that saturates the island. Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of Rum!

Diving is the best I have seen

• Pros:Fantastic Snorkeling and Diving
  • Cons:Can be expensive/Stores close at 6:00 & Sundays/Fast becoming a non-smoking island
  • In a nutshell:Something for everyone
  • Last visit to Grand Cayman: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 16, 2006

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Grand Cayman looks amazing, I had it narrowed down to GC and Aruba, Aruba won this time but maybe next time :-)

• Mara_2's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2007 at 3:48 AM

It must be a wonderful place! And the pictures with the sting-rays are... ahhhhh.... I'm soooo envious!!!! Grate tips also! Maybe someday I'll go there too!

• Dec 24, 2006 at 9:57 AM

Amazing ocean! ...:)

• GandalfOnTour's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2006 at 7:21 AM

you've sold me on Grand Cayman.... the diving and snokelling looks amazing. Great tips and pics. Especially like the rays and the moray eel pics

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2006 at 4:27 PM

Works for me! Think we could get Marleine to take us in during hurricane season if we whined piteously enough and brought her coconuts and fresh lobsters?

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2006 at 7:42 AM

Nice pics! You might want a red filter for the front of your camera, it will remove a lot of the 'ocean big blue'

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 9:40 PM

Wow! Great picture and some good tips too!. I wwould love to swim with the rays. The Inn sounds wonderful and the fact that there is a cat is a nice touch. :)

• Aussie666's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 11:57 AM

Wow! The Turtle Inn looks perfect and great underwater shots. Went to swim with the rays there once only to get my left butt cheek bit!!! Don't ask!! Ha!!

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 6:54 PM

This place looks magnificent : )

ScubaCat

“When the urge hits-just load the tanks & go”

Badges & Stats in Grand Cayman

Have you been to Grand Cayman?

Latest Activity in Grand Cayman