"Harlem" Harlem by ZiOOlek
Harlem Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 73 photos
There are some places that you shouldn't miss when visitng some places. That places in New York City is Harlem.
Harlem is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Manhattan, long known as a major black cultural and business center. After being associated for much of the twentieth century with black culture, but also crime and poverty, it is now experiencing a social and economic renaissance.
In fact, I visited Harlem in 2000, 2001, 2004 and 2007. It changes quickly. In 2000 and 2001 I have seen almost only black people walking in streets and in 2007 Harlem was quite different and I wasn't the only one white person walking there.:)
The Abyssinian Baptist Church is among the most famous of the many churches in Harlem. The church traces its roots to... more travel advice
The College is a senior college of the City University of New York. It is also the oldest of City University's twenty... more travel advice
ZiOOlek's Related Pages
Harlem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Always My Sweet Harlem"
- "Harlem - The Street of Talents"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harlem
- Nightlife in Harlem
- Restaurants in Harlem
- Shopping in Harlem
- Warnings and Dangers in Harlem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harlem
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Harlem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harlem
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katowice Intro, 88 reviews, 256 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 56 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 71 reviews, 187 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sucha Beskidzka Intro, 44 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 44 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chisinau Intro, 30 reviews, 78 photos
- Prague Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inowroclaw Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues