"Katowice" Top 5 Page for this destination Katowice by ZiOOlek

Katowice Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 491 photos

Katowice

Katowice is one of the most important cities in Poland. It is a capital of Silesia region with a population of about 300 000. You may be surprised by how many historical building you can find in Katowice. There are about 100 monuments in the city. However, most of them are not older than 150 years but important one, too.

This is the most famous building in Katowice called Spodek. There are lots of concerts, games or so inside. Most of international artists, musicians have a concert here as it is one of the best places for concerts in Poland!

Spodek

Every city has beautiful and attractive places not only in the city centre but also outside it. The fine example of this theory is Katowice. I would say that there are more things to see in its suburbs than in the city centre. Just have a look at my `off the beaten path` tips.

The pearl of Katowice is the wooden Church of St. Michael Archangel from XVI. The Church is located in the Kosciuszko Park (Brynow quarter). This is the oldest building in the city and on the top worth-seeing places, not even in Katowice but also in Silesia and Poland. More information about the Church you can find in my `things to do` tips. Enjoy!:)

• Last visit to Katowice: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM

The main square in very interesting and contemporary in architecture. Great job of presenting this city area. I invite you to see my trip to Utah and Arizona parks in US. It was an adventure and hiking a lot to remote areas by Kanab and Natural Bridges.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 3:01 PM

from your photos it looks like Spodek arena is the symbol of the city :-)) well, the city looks very modern but in the same ince expecially places you've written about in 'off the beaten paths'

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 12:55 AM

I have never been to Poland but I will have to come soon ; its history is fascinating , especially the different maps of Poland in the 20 th century ; Poland has moved to the west in 1945 !

• Maxus's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2007 at 3:24 PM

Great page, I am looking forward to visiting Poland in April, I will maybe fly in to Katowice, your info is very useful.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Party on!!! Nice page and great tips ;-)

• jimmymike's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 11:46 AM

I was a bit worried about my impulsive buy of a cheap flight from my local (10 kms) airport to Katowice. I now feel very good about it. Thank you friend Piotr for your nice little expo of what seems a nice place to call at. James

• cold_dead_bunny's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 7:11 AM

Hey, really great page, aspessially 'things to do tips' in such big relatively young industrial city! Next time I will be there, I will for sure use your info!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 5:24 AM

Wonderful collection and explanation. I enjoyed the 1300's church..reminds me of my g.father's (c.1600's-near Cmolas). Of course I enjoyed "off the beaten path" for more interesting architecture. Thanks for sharing all of it.

• eslim_81's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 10:50 PM

Trzy Stawy is a great place for you to walk and take sunbath.....hehe.... a serene place to relax, to unwind ourselves....great..!!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 9:27 AM

I only passed through on the night train a few times, but always wondered was in Katowice..now I have a better idea. gr8 pics and tips. Tim

ZiOOlek Used To Live Here!

ZiOOlek

“*When a human dies there is nothing left after that except for good done to others*”

Badges & Stats in Katowice

Have you been to Katowice?

Latest Activity in Katowice