"Tiraspol - the capital of Transdniestria" Top 5 Page for this destination Tiraspol by ZiOOlek
Tiraspol Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 131 photos
Transnistria or Trans-Dniester is a region in eastern Europe. Although it is internationally recognised as part of the Republic of Moldova, it claims independence and maintains sovereignty over its territory with the assistance of Russian forces. The unrecognized state has been de facto independent since 1991, when it made a unilateral declaration of independence from Moldova and successfully defeated Moldovan forces, with Russian assistance, in the War of Transnistria. While a ceasefire has held ever since 1992, the Council of Europe recognizes Transnistria as a "frozen conflict" region.
Tiraspol is the administrative center of Transdnestrian Autonomy, and the second largest city in Moldova, if it is considered to be part of that nation. It had a population of 266,789 (2005). Tiraspol is located on the eastern bank of the Dniestr River.
There are few bars around the square of the train and bus station in Tiraspol. I decided to visit one. It was possible... more travel advice
Kirov Park is close to the Railway ans bus station in Lenina Street. more travel advice
ZiOOlek's Related Pages
Tiraspol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tiraspol - the capital of Transdniestria"
- "Soviet Union is still alive - at least HERE!"
- "Secret Policemans Ball"
- "Pridnestrovie - the land of opportunity"
- "TIRASPOL CAPITAL OF SHERIFF COUNTRY"
- "Tiraspol - Capital of Transdniestra"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiraspol
- Hotels in Tiraspol
- Transportation in Tiraspol
- Nightlife in Tiraspol
- Restaurants in Tiraspol
- Shopping in Tiraspol
- Warnings and Dangers in Tiraspol
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tiraspol
- 17 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Tiraspol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiraspol
Photos in TiraspolSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katowice Intro, 88 reviews, 256 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 56 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 71 reviews, 187 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sucha Beskidzka Intro, 44 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 44 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chisinau Intro, 30 reviews, 78 photos
- Prague Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inowroclaw Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues